ANYTONE 878 Green LED, but no audio

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KD8WSB, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KD8WSB

KD8WSB Ham Member QRZ Page

I have searched around for this problem for a while. I have an Anyone 878 and often the LED indicator light at the top right will light Green but not play any audio.

Also, the screen will indicate with the reception bars that I am receiving a signal.

It is my understanding that this indicates it is receiving an Analog signal. When I receive audio the LED lights blue which I think indicates a digital signal. I have the unit updated and digital monitor on with Double Slot, Any CC, Any ID, Slot hold Off

I am concerned I'm missing transmissions. Some help with either fixing the settings or understanding what the green LED is indicating would be great.
    Thanks
    Brian
    KD8WSB

2. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

CHECK your settings for CTCSS Encode and Decode.
    Amateur Radio Repeaters do not always Transmit CTCSS (so Decode ON, Squelches Audio).
    ===
    BRIDGE COM Systems
    ANYTONE D878UV Support Page
    https://www.bridgecomsystems.com/pages/anytone-at-d878uv-support-page

BridgeCom Systems
    102 NE State Route 92 Hwy
    Ste C
    Smithville, MO 64089
    Telephone: +1 816-532-8451
    https://www.bridgecomsystems.com/pages/about-us
    Our open business hours are 8am-5pm CST Mon-Fri

BridgeCom University
    https://www.bridgecomuniversity.com/

3. KD8WSB

4. WA0CBW

WA0CBW Ham Member QRZ Page

Usually the green light indicates that it is receiving a signal analog or digital. It is a "channel busy" indication.
    bb

5. KD8WSB

So like a private call?

I was noticing it on worldwide 91. Since changing the channel type to d+a tx d I get only random transmissions with a blue LED and then it goes to green LED with the modem type static sound. So I am thinking that setting isn’t right

6. WB5IGD

WB5IGD Ham Member QRZ Page

Brian,
    I have been having the same problem listening to a commercial system. Have you found a solution? I have noticed the following with CH Mode Digital, RSSI shows 4 bars, LED is GREEN (not blue), Dig icon next to ch number turns light blue, RX icon next to slot# 'rolls blue RX'. I know I am missing transmissions, sometimes after the above I might hear another station saying "understood". Then I might hear several transmissions back and forth. All in all I believe I am only hearing 25 - 50% of the transmissions. I have tried a lot of combinations of digimonitor, I believe I know the correct TG, CC & TS, and I see no improvement with digimonitor on. I have contacted BridgeCom but they have not had any ideas. I am using an 878uv firmware 1.19 and BB V2.01.07BA. It could be an encrypted or private call but would be odd to have the mix of clear and not.

Steve

7. KD8WSB

No luck, unfortunately. I made some changes to my settings and programming a while back with the ctcss configuration and that made things worse. As much as I love the concept of DMR, I have found the system to be complex and full of variables that drastically impact performance and usability. I turn on the Anytone occasionally but just can't get into it like other radio hobbies.

Sorry I wasn't more help.

8. W6EDT

W6EDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you considered that one of the VFOs, if tuned to a DMR repeater, could be receiving data on that VFO? I know you have the "Dual Monitor" enabled, but I wonder what you would hear if there was data and not voice on one of the slots. Does this happen when tuned to a specific repeater or simplex frequency?

As a side note, if you have APRS location beaconing enabled, you will see an occasional red LED when it switches to the analog APRS or digital APRS frequency for just a moment.

Just my $0,2

Dale (W6EDT)

9. EC21LAPOSTENET

EC21LAPOSTENET QRZ Member

hello. my 878 UV does no sound too. the key « beep » activated create also no sound. maybe the speaker or a bad solder.

10. W4RPK

W4RPK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    I just got a AT-878UV as a gift to replace my old MD-380. Got the 878 programmed and it worked great for about 2 days. Then I noticed the screen was showing incoming traffic but I was getting no sound. I double-checked on my hotspot and saw matching traffic. To take the hotspot connectivity out, I switched over to an analog frequency where there is always traffic and got the same result; screen showing receive but no sound at any volume. Lastly I turned on the FM receiver and tuned to a local station; no sound.
    I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not a firmware (it is running the latest version, 1.20 I believe) or a codeplug issue but really a QC problem with the radio components or assembly. Really disappointed in that. It’s not a Motorola, but for a $200+ HT I did expect a bit more than 2 days of use. I’ve opened a ticked with Bridgecom to see if they can replace or resolve it.