ad: ProAudio-1

Anyone work anything new/cool/fun in the WAE contest this weekend?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W7UUU, Sep 14, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

My first weekend with the TA-33MW at 66 feet - conditions on 20 were very good for the most part - nothing "out of this world" worked but I have never heard such strong SSB signals from EU in my whole ham life!! Most were S9+ and my 100 watts got through to virtually every one I called.

No ATNOs though - just a few that I still need LoTW confirmations so that's good. I wasn't remotely after scoring - just enjoying working EU DX with huge signals and no noise. I took my time and just listened a LOT.

it was a lot of fun - 46 years a "ham with wires" for the most part (sure I had the TA-33 at 40 feet at the old house 3 years ago but this is just.... different!).

How did others do?

Dave
    W7UUU

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems the Italians dominated. Wished there was more exotic stuff but the"I's" are fun anyway

3. M0TTQ

M0TTQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

20m New Zealand and Thailand on 10W in the middle of a contest with plenty of kW stations around was certainly fun. It took quite a lot of well-timed shouting though!