Anyone Watching “The Spy” on Netflix?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N4GKS, Sep 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

If so, I have a question. When he sets up the Morse Code station, where is the antenna? I saw the keyer, transmitter, headphones and battery, but no antenna.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    KM6CND likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Interesting! I will have to try that show on Netflix! I've seen it on their banner but didn't know it had Morse content :)

Thanks for the heads up

Dave
    W7UUU

K4AGO likes this.
  3. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Obviously a stealth antenna setup!

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Of course! They're HOA SPIES!! :D

Dave
    W7UUU

VE3BXG and K4AGO like this.
  5. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't watch it, but ... Here We Go Again:

It's not a documentary or instructional video on how to set up a radio station.

IT'S JUST A TELEVISION SHOW!

There's LOTS of things on TV that aren't true-to-life ... just presented to provide the IMPRESSION of what's intended.

;)

VE3BXG, K4AGO and K3XR like this.
  6. M0DPX

M0DPX Ham Member QRZ Page

I started to watch it this week it looked promising, but don't expect to much by the way of a story, as for the morse sending yes i wondered where the antenna is:confused:

7. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

haven't watched it...Waiting for the last season of The Man in the High Castle....

KF5RHI likes this.
  8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Might check it out after I finish with "Better Call Saul".

9. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Check out "Charite at War" on Netflix.

W0PV likes this.
  10. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

TV depictions of radio is annoying - like on Walking Dead - every radio is automatically on the same frequency whether it's a CB in a big rig, kenwood ham radio in a truck stop, or a motorola HT found on the side of a road. But frankly, it wouldnt make much of a story if the disparate radios services didnt work with each other, would it?