ad: Prosistel-1

Anyone wanna help with a special project?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AF5IE, May 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Then there are these guys, who have made a good living trying to do something that a lot of experts say is impossible:

https://tae.com/

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have some magnets from old hard drives if that would help your project.

The drives are/were G rated.

3. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually, early work in fission was well-received - because it was clearly explained and made sense.

Nuclear fission of heavy elements was discovered in late 1938 and explained theoretically in 1939. By 1942 chain reactions were demonstrated at the University of Chicago, and industrial scale nuclear reactors to make plutonium were in operation by 1943-44. By 1945, there were working nuclear weapons and by the mid-1950s - less than 20 years after the discovery of nuclear fission of heavy elements - there were commercial nuclear power plants and nuclear-powered submarines.

Exactly.

He simply did not understand the basic physics of what was going on. Hydrogen is a great fuel - the problem is making and storing it in sufficient quantities.

73 de Jim, N2EY

4. KC1DQH

KC1DQH Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sorry but you'll have to excuse me. I'm due back on planet Earth.

5. KB9LXP

KB9LXP Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you think Flying Saucers get around?

6. K5MIL

K5MIL Ham Member QRZ Page

On your QRZ page you state: "But still I couldn't easily make DX contacts while I was working at my aerospace job because I found out the hard way that the US DOD security people wanted me to fill out all kinds of "foreign contact" disclosure questionare paperwork and then when I turned it in they acted like I must be guilty of something"

I know and have known many hams who worked in all areas of defense and in the military with top secret clearance and never heard of any being restricted in making foreign contacts on ham radio.

Bill - K5MIL

WC5P and N2EY like this.
  7. KV4PD

KV4PD Ham Member QRZ Page

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

There were regulations in the day.

It is not so much who you talk to, It is what you talk about.

9. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

I just use Anti-Gravity Paint....like Danny Dunn did back in 1956.

10. K0RGR

K0RGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When my father applied for his Top Secret clearance, he had to provide a list of all his contacts with Communist countries - this was in the 1960s. When I got my TS, in the early 1970s, I was not required to do so. I believe the regulation is still on paper, however.

We've only recently confirmed the existence of gravity waves. Einstein spent the last decades of his life trying to find a way to link electromagnetism and gravity, theoretically.