Anyone using two stations on FT 8 ?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KC9VFO, Jun 10, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC9VFO

KC9VFO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

72717D67-1A9E-4FC1-B2F6-25A09115B117.jpeg Using a kenwood TS590 s for 6 meters and a Icom7300 for HF . I have them about 6 feet apart and becoming annoyed getting out of my chair every minute or so.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  2. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

You could remote into the other computer and control it from the same location.

WD4ELG, K0UO and KC9VFO like this.
  3. KC9VFO

KC9VFO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That is a pretty good idea .

KK9W likes this.
  4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know. Might I suggest one band at a time or moving things closer so you can remain in one location?

KC9VFO likes this.
  5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes/ I do it just to monitor Band conditions on the different bands.

73 from,
    The K0UO " Rhombic Antenna Farm" 2 miles of wire in the air & On the Air daily

KC9VFO likes this.
  6. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have an IC7300 for HF and an FT991A for VHF/UHF. Personally speaking, I hate operating any radio from its physical controls and always use CAT control from a PC. I simply use a single high specification PC which is connected to both rigs with two large screens attached - it really does not matter where the radios are located! I use Win4ICOM to control the 7300 and Win4Yaesu to control the 991.

Martin (G8FXC)

KC9VFO likes this.
  7. AJ4WC

AJ4WC Ham Member QRZ Page

I run two stations at the same time, but I have them both on the same desk. Each is a completely independent setup each with a dedicated computer.

You could use one computer running two sessions, with extra long USB cables. Downside is one PC has a limited number of monitors. I personally wouldn’t like running two stations from one PC.

KC9VFO likes this.
  8. N6YWU

N6YWU Ham Member QRZ Page

I run both my SDR radios remote over the network from my Mac on the opposite side of the house. I also have a Raspberry Pi 4 colocated in the radio room for any USB connected stuff, such as my Airspy HF+, RTL-SDR, or SDRPlay, to allow remotely monitoring yet another FT8 band at the same time.

KC9VFO likes this.