Anyone using a Razer made buy Rt Innovations

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KA5ROW, Jun 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA5ROW

KA5ROW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone using a Razer made buy Rt Innovations. I think this tram system will be the best way to go for me. As I have raised and lowered my Hazer on a 35ft many times over 18 years. And the Genie lift would cost $500 per day or $1500 for week. Otherwise first antenna issue, Coax, antenna, rotor, Remote switch, would calls me to rent the Genie $500.00. + $300 transportation. So I will get a Razor in a couple months.

http://www.rtinnovations.net/products.html

I have expensive tower cap rotor plates and thrust bearings. I guess the tower cap could hold the block and tacker. looking for 25 to 50 lbs torque on crank.
    By the way this a 55g tower

What do you guys think?

2. KA5ROW

Surly some one has got one. I will buy one for sure, 80 ft tower something goes wrong $500 a day to rent lift.

3. KL7LT

KL7LT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm thinking of getting the razor for my tower but not sure , well it work on a stepper with the 40 meter loop. Is it safe working on lowering it down
    with no guys on it ? I would like to see one working before I go out and buy one . Some say it well hang up on the tower and then you got trouble .If
    anyone around the center of Tennessee has one I would love to see it working .. TNX Bob KL7LT Crossville TN

4. KA5ROW

The Hazer will hang up but not the Razor. The razor has wheels for a smooth ride up and down. The Hazer offers wheels as a option. My Hazer hangs up every time coming down, but if you wack the tower with a heavy hammer it will dislodge un-tell you get to the next section. As far as I know the Hazer does not make anything for the 45G or the 55G towers. The Razor makes models for 25G, 45G, and 55G towers. all come with wheels for a easy ride down.

5. WB5YUZ

WB5YUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

!

6. KL7LT

KL7LT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the tip I'm going with the Razor it comes with the wheels.