Anyone used N1MM with icom rigs?

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Prop., Cluster, & Other Software' started by N2RJ, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. K8DO

K8DO Ham Member QRZ Page

Andrew, HRD is a great program... I will take a bit of difference with you on it as a contesting program however... N1MM is designed to do one thing in life: CONTEST... It is like comparing a NASCAR speedway car to an SUV...
    So, when you want to just make a few Q's in the evening, jump into digi mode, come back to phone on 40 meters, pop up the Super Browser on PSK and watch the traffic, etc., use the SUV: HRD...
    But when you want to contest, use the race car: N1MM...

denny-o / k8do

2. VA6APB

VA6APB Ham Member QRZ Page

N1mm with Icom rigs

I have used N1MM and MMTTY combined with both MFJ and Rigblaster interfaces with an IC756Pro, Pro2 and Pro3 and an IC910 with no problems, but I get an offset between what an IC7700 dial reading and the band plan in N1mm, any ideas anyone??

VA6APB;)

3. K4FX

K4FX Ham Member QRZ Page

N1MM

Very true, there is no comparison between N1MM and HRD, You are not going to find a daily logger that does contesting well, and I don't think you will find a good contest logger than does daily use well, you have to use 2 to get the job done IMO.

While HRD is a nice program it is a little too much for my daily use, all I need is something to put in the freq and mode when logging (one less thing to mess with) so I use G0CUZ's Winlog32, it tracks awards & the rig and doesn't use a lot of PC resources to do it. Has a lot of nice features, I have been using it for 8 years & over 37K QSO's and can't find anything I like better. And like N1MM and HRD it's free. Check it out....

N1MM just keeps getting better and better, if you contest, you really should give it a try. A really amazing package...

Bill K4FX

4. WW1ME

WW1ME Ham Member QRZ Page

Using ICOM radios with N1MM Logger - Connection problem!

I've successfully used my PROIII with N1MM Logger under both Windows XP and Vista, although after loading Rev 10 (and the latest update) following a hard drive crash, I am no longer able to connect to the radio. I'm using a Prolific USB-to-serial adapter cable that I got off eBay from a Far East supplier for very few bucks, including shipping (I have another on the way for my IC-706 on my boat).

I can connect just fine with both Ham Radio Deluxe and with N1MM Logger on my old XP laptop using the Prolific adapter (the drivers vary from one machine to the other, but the ones on the Vista machine are more recent). I cannot connect "no way, no how" (with apologies to Bob of Bob's Discount Furniture) to get radio control now with the newest version of N1MM Logger and the Vista PC, using the same USB-to-serial adapter. The radio's displayed frequencies swap highlights briefly as I've come to expect (the MAIN frequency font switches briefly to look like the subreceiver frequency font and vice versa), but the program never reads the radio's frequency.

I'm still able to send CW via the other USB-to-serial adapter that goes to my RIGblaster plus. No problem there.

I've tried various settings and baud rates, flow control etc etc without any luck (actually, I've spent several hours on this, testing various permutations and combinations).

Should I just create an XP partition on my Vista laptop's new hard drive and run N1MM Logger from there? Or is there a more elegant solution?

Thanks for any suggestionsl.

Rick / WW3DE

5. LA5FJA

LA5FJA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello. I am running HRD daily. I have an Icom 7600 and it works fine. What I have done is that I have a USB 1 / 1 from the radio to the computer.This is only for and manage the radio. I also have a cable from the cw to the radio to a specialized USB on the computer. This works just fine with cw keying on N1MM log program. But remember Ham Radio Deluxe does not work while running N1MM

6. WW1ME

WW1ME Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been running N1MM Logger for quite a while now with my IC-756PROIII, and I've been very happy with it, although I'm seeing some quirky things on this newest version. I use a Prolific USB-to-REMOTE adapter to interface the radio and the PC. Cost me less than $15 for the cable from an overseas supplier on eBay.

73, Rick / WW3DE

7. N2AMG

N2AMG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"I use a Prolific USB-to-REMOTE adapter"

The reason you are seeing quirky behavior is there is a known issue with the Prolific device drivers and the Visual Basic Com Port control. When people say it works on HRD but not N1MM the reason is HRD is written in C++ where N1MM is written in VB. Some users have had success with a certain version of the Prolific driver but I do not know what version that is. We are working on a work around for this but so far this is not done...

Rick N2AMG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.