Anyone used N1MM with icom rigs?

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Prop., Cluster, & Other Software' started by N2RJ, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm interested in hooking up my Icom radios to my PC for logging and contesting using N1MM logger.

Before I go get the parts to build the level converter (not paying >$100 for a CT-17!), I'd like to find out how you guys who have been using it think of it.

Will N1MM get the frequency from the radio? That is what I'm most interested in. It would save me a lot of time instead of having to manually enter it every time.

How about other features? Bugs? Alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

2. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

I use it with a 756PRO (1st generation) and it works great!

I use it for RTTY (you will need to download the MMTTY engine) and for CW. I built a very simple interface for CW using the parallel port that can be found in the CWType help files.

Scott NØIU

3. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

So does it read from the VFO? The N1MM page was a bit confusing. It said:

WHat does this mean? Does it not report the frequency, or just not whether it's VFO A/B?

The three radios I plan to use it on:

756 ProIII

4. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it does read the frequency from the radio. I can only comment on the 756, but I do not think it is that much of a leap of faith to assume the other rigs will work in the same way since they are all Icom products.

Scott NØIU

5. N7SSB

N7SSB Ham Member QRZ Page

also you can do this with a free program called hamradio delux. it is good and it will read freqs as well as log etc and more.

good luck

6. VE2DX

VE2DX Ham Member QRZ Page

N1MM problem with VFO A and B control in SO2V

having a hard time getting N1MM running properly is SO2V mode with 756ProIII here...

it does not reconnize the second VFO or the sub band...

any ideal why?

7. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

If you just want to use one radio at a time you don't need the CT-17 and an interface cable can be had for just a very few dollars. It sounds as though you want to hook up several radios at once to a single computer so you would have to use th CT-17 or as you intend, build your own.
    Irrespective of actually using N1MM software or not, the computer interface is a very handy addition with most any logging software out there as is a cable for sending CW via the logging program which is a separate cable from the CT-17 type. I use N3FJP software which is inexpensive relatively speaking and has specific programs for the different contests. They are customized for each one and give you on screen reports as to your progress, scoring, and what sections or whatever you have already worked all on the main screen. Also, with a spot showing up (if you use them in the contest depending on your entry category) the section, say in Nov. SS, will highlight if you need that one still. You click on the highlight and you are there to work them. I didn't care last Nov. about my entry category so used spots and concentrated on a clean sweep and got it on 20. More a fun thing for me. WAS on 20 and all the ARRL sections in a day.

8. KR2D

KR2D Ham Member QRZ Page

Check on the N1MM Yahoo group. They are very responsive.

9. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine recognizes the 2nd vfo. Press the backslash key.

10. W4INF

W4INF Ham Member QRZ Page

I got an Icom interface off ebay for rig control, works FB between my 718, laptop and HRD.

Once I started using HRD, I *cannot* think of operating without it!!

GL-
    Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.