Anyone use a Packtenna?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by W7LZN, Mar 24, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K4YND

K4YND Ham Member QRZ Page

here is what I use. I'm never above a tree line. 55 clams for the entire setup including coax. for 270 I think I would buy a Mountain Topper transceiver instead.

upload_2017-3-29_14-12-23.png

2. OH2FFY

OH2FFY Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats not really a joke in matter.
    I have met Extra class Hams that can't solder or put a PL259 plug on and end of coax. :eek:

gregW:) OH2FFY

3. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Not part of the tests. Never was, as far as I am aware.

4. OH2FFY

OH2FFY Ham Member QRZ Page

And people wonder where Ham Radio went wrong .....
    Theres ya answer !

gregW:) OH2FFY

5. K8TDN

K8TDN Subscriber QRZ Page

I think it would have been a nice thing to have a hands on test module. Could be something like make a simple dipole for certain band 20/40 meters ... Have some basic items and wire. Test the knowledge and skills and in the end the amatuer has first antenna for HF.

6. K4JGA

K4JGA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello!

Thanks for your personal review... Will look into it as well. Starting to enjoy Outdoor QRP operation and looking for something simple.

&3, Joe-k4jga

KL7KN likes this.
  7. VE6NS

VE6NS Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Agree 100%

Tried 3 different times to get a shipping quote to Canada. Told 3 times they'd get back to me. Never heard more. Ended up building my own for about $25 bucks. Couldn't be happier!

8. N6RGR

N6RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

upload_2017-6-7_11-53-41.jpeg

I have used one of these with pretty good success! Cost = $49.00 and it is easily packed. There were directions on building one, but the Coleman clothes winder cost about $15.00, so two would be $30.00. Add wire and rope and you would pay for the ready made version. All I bring is a couple of jackite poles (if there are no trees around), rope, and a QRP radio and am good to go.

Roger KK6IVD

9. KS4RT

KS4RT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For qrp, multiband use, check out this qreat antenna! I know everyone will be very pleased!
    click the link below:

Attached Files:

10. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

WD0BCT likes this.