Anyone not get a reply from the UTC

Discussion in 'The Low Bands - 630/2200 Meters - VLF' started by N2RDQ, May 11, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N2RDQ

N2RDQ Ham Member QRZ Page

so i went thought he utc.org's plc database amateur notification process and filled out their online form...
    i got no conformation
    i got no reply.
    I'm well passed the wait time, but seems odd i didn't receive anything... anyone else never receive anything from them?

2. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

UTC is Coordinated Universal Time. That is what you want a response from?

3. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish utc.org's plc had been a link. Something about this bothered me, so I came back and took a closer look at it. It seems that in this case UTC is Utilities Technology Council. I suppose everyone else knew that? Oh well.

4. N2RDQ

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  5. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Read the instruction on the FCC notice. If you don't receive any objection from the UTC after thirty (30) days, then you may may commence operating on 630m and 2200m.

6. N2RDQ

Thanks, Yea, sorry i should have said i knew i could go ahead and operate.
    I had read where people were getting approvals though and was wondering what peoples current experiences are.
    maybe they now only respond if your denied?

7. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Got no denial notice so I should start running my 980 ft dipole thru the woods soon !?

8. KI6R

KI6R Ham Member QRZ Page

I applied long ago and received no reply. I'm on-the-air. I kept notes of the application date and end of the 30-day wait period. 73s, KI6R

9. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

The UTC may have just given up on responding to the notifications because no problems have occurred with amateur radio operations in the 630-meter and 2200-meter bands. The regulations, in 47 CFR Part 97 Section 97.303(g)(2) state that, after notification has been given of intended operation, if no objection is received, then operation can commence on those bands. Basically, if they don't object within the 30-days, the UTC has, effectively, given their consent for operation.

Or, the UTC may have given up on issuing notifications of compliance and are just notifying those who are within 1 kilometer of a PLC system that operation is not allowed.

I did notify the UTC within the first couple of days that such was required. It was definitely more than 30-days before I received approval.

Glen, K9STH

10. W9EXP

W9EXP Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm well past the 30 days so I guess it's time to start looking for gear.