Anyone know where to find power cord connector for Yaesu FT-101Z?

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KC1BGU, Jul 30, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KC1BGU

KC1BGU Ham Member QRZ Page

These things seem rarer than hen's teeth! There seem to be "close" sockets available but the pin orientation isn't correct. Anyone know if these can be found anywhere besides from parted out FT-101Z's on eBay?

(pictures stolen from google images)
    FT-101Z(D) Plug:

[​IMG]

"Close" Jones Plugs:

[​IMG]

2. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

NTK (Japan) OEMmed those for Yaesu.

Might try a search on the 'Net or on eBay. I frequently see 101Z series parts show up there.

3. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Does the connector going to the radio need 4 horizontal and 2 vertical female pins? Looking at it in your picture that is what it looks like but I can't tell for sure.
    Can you make one. Would this connector work? If this is not the right connector there are a lot of connectors out there if you look for them. This is just one. I don't want to spend all day looking for your connector.
    Also look at Cinch connectors on line to see if you can find a match.
    Here is some old info for you to read to see if anything in it would help you.
    Maybe look here.
    Is this 240 volts. Is not the end that plugs into the wall in this picture 240 volts?
    Here is and old ad for a DC cable.
    Something to look at. Don't know if it will tell you anything to help but here it is.
    Check with this guy and see if he can make anymore.

Well there are some things I found. I have to go bath the dog now. Good luck to you.

John, WB0MPB

4. W6ELH

W6ELH Ham Member QRZ Page

Just thinking out loud here: Have you looked at the schematic? Are all of the pins in use, or are some jumpered together as often seems to be the case with Jones plugs? That info might open the door to a suitable substitute. Wish I could help you more substantially! Jim... W6ELH

5. K5DH

K5DH Ham Member QRZ Page

If you're not hung up on keeping the rig totally original, just change the connectors to use the common standard Jones type. No sense in prolonging the agony.

6. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Fox Tango International (Yaesu's User Group) members will have good sources.
    They appear on eBay and some hamfests.

Cinch (Jones series), Molex (KK, .093", and .062"), and JST are reducing models with high "pin counts" (connectors or moldings).

7. WA0YDE

WA0YDE Ham Member QRZ Page

I modified a Jones plug for mine by using a dremel tool to cut a new slot. Then I repositioned the contact and epoxied it in place. Not really that hard of a job - works great!

8. N7EKU

N7EKU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

I have one and just messaged you a picture.

Mark.

9. W5RKL

W5RKL Ham Member QRZ Page

If all 6 pins are in line then there a female socket with 90 degree cable clamp, now on eBay under auction #201998762381
    for $6.99 + $3.02 shipping.

Mike W5RKL
    www.w5rkl.com

10. KC1BGU

KC1BGU Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful responses! Lots of knowledgeable people here!