ad: elecraft

Anyone know size of Dell Inspiron

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WA2ZDY, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

It was bound to happen. The barrel connector has just about been yanked from the end of the wire. Any ideas of the correct size barrel connector?

Thanks.

2. WD4CHP

WD4CHP Ham Member QRZ Page

Take the computer to (ugg) Radio Shack. (One that has a complete stock supply. Some have just the essentials)

They have dummy plugs to test. Find the one that fits the power jack on your computer.

3. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

Thanks. I didn't know they had such a thing available. I guess I'll have to explain this to the wife, send her off and hope for the best!

Thanks again.

4. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

If that is the common "coaxial" power plug, measure the OD with calipers. Find a close-fitting drill, nail, wire etc for the hole, then measure that. There are at least a zillion combinations. Some common ones are (mm) OD: 5.5, 5.0, 4.0, 3.8, 3.5, 3.0. ID: 2.5, 2.1,1.7,1.5,1.3, 1.0, and about .6. I made up a set of gages for this. Still looking for a
    zero diameter drill for those itty bitty connectors.

If you only have the socket end, you can measure with an assortment of tubes. Good luck.

Tom K8ERV Montrose Co.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.