Anyone having PSK Reporter Issues?

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Prop., Cluster, & Other Software' started by WA7F, Jan 31, 2017.

ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
  1. WA7F

WA7F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

PSK Reporter has been giving me grief for a couple weeks now. Click on Go and the thingy spins for a second and does nothing or it spins for maybe 30 seconds and does nothing. Slow or no updates, various mode filters like JT, JT9 & JT65 are not showing up, only shows All or PSK. Once in awhile it works normal but, that is usually short lived.

My Internet connection is fairly fast at 54 Mbps down and 12 Mbps up. I've cleaned browsing history, cookies, etc. on numerous occasions. Checked for problems with Norton 360 blocking the site. I'm a bit stumped. Is anyone else experiencing issues? It feels to me like the server is bogged down or ready to crash but, I haven't seen anyone else talking about this. I primarily use Win7 and Chrome but, its not running right on the iPad either.

2. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Must be you. I just clicked the last 12 hours of JT65 on 30m .
    upload_2017-1-31_6-12-34.png

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

3. W9AFB

W9AFB Ham Member QRZ Page

Similar issues for me, ie slow site or a blank map. Last few days have been better though.

4. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

I've not had any noticeable issues with it. It probably runs about 20 hours a day via WSJT-X doing the reporting.

The computer connected to the receiver and Internet is a 15 year old Dell 610 Latitude, running Linux Unbuntu (Zorin 11). I use it for monitoring PSK Reporter, but mostly I monitor PSK Reporter on a Nexus 7 running Android.

5. WA7F

Interesting. I usually use the 15 minute period to see how the signal is getting out near-real time.

W9AFB, What is your internet browser and operating system? I'm just trying to find a common denominator.

6. AI6AK

AI6AK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, seen the same issues on my end as well. Sometimes it's fine, other times very slow. Very intermittent. When it acts up I just jump on HamSpots. I've got pretty fast internet here (100+ download, about 20 upload) and it doesn't seem to matter much. I use a MacBook Pro and an older Dell laptop running Windows 10 with the same results.

7. W9AFB

W9AFB Ham Member QRZ Page

Firefox and windows 8.1 and 10. Had these issues on 2 different computers.

8. WA7F

Sounds like the server is bogged down. PSK Reporter is an invaluable tool for me, I hope they get it resolved. With no ads, membership, etc., maybe they are having funding issues. I'm not wealthy but, I would certainly be open to sending them a modest donation if it would help to keep the site going.

9. OH3KM

OH3KM Ham Member QRZ Page

Did PSK report just go down? Tried with Mac (MacOS Sierra + Firefox) & PC (Win10 + Edge) to no avail. I get an error saying (this from Mac's Safari) : "Safari cannot open the page https://pskreporter.info/pskmap because the server where the page is located isn'r responding." Has been down for about 30 min now.

10. WA7F

It was work ok for me earlier this morning but, very slow last night. I had to completely close Chrome on several occasions to get PSK Reporter to update.