Anyone have YouTube videos embedded in their Bio page that play successfully?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by W8CGR, May 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W8CGR

W8CGR Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone have embedded YouTube videos on their QRZ Bio page that play successfully in a frame within the page without sending the viewer totally offsite to the YouTube pages? All I wish to accomplish is for my YouTube video to play within a frame on my Bio page without leaving the QRZ page. Anything I do with the iframe insertion function always results in being dumped totally off QRZ.com onto YouTube and stuck there, no matter what data I edit into the iframe .
    I can't find any examples on others' Bio pages that duplicate what I wish to accomplish. I found some with YouTube "imbeds" on their Bio pages, but clicking on those imbeds also send the viewer totally off QRZ to YouTube, so maybe this isn't possible due to QRZ site permissions or those of YouTube?
    I apologize if this issue has already been figured out and it may be a simple solution, but I have been unable to find any threads addressing this that actually conclude in a "problem solved" scenario. Any PC or HTML experts out there had this experience or have some suggestions?

W8CGR

2. KB1ZBA

KB1ZBA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I also have this problem. Iframe stayed grayed out with only YouTube button in the middle and yes, it redirects to YouTube site completely. I wasn't able to find solution to it yet.

Kind Regards

-Lukasz

3. W8CGR

W8CGR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your reply, Lukasz. Your experience with the issue appears exactly as mine does.
    Your comment further helps verify my suspicions that the issue is likely a restriction imposed by either the QRZ page or YouTube server, and therefore cannot be surmounted by us the subscribers.
    If I ever find a workaround, I will let you know.
    Cheers...
    FM

4. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

6. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-08-19T19-41-28.023Z.png something wrong in your end - it work here

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  7. WS9K

WS9K Ham Member QRZ Page

that link gives me the error message also. ( using win10 Brave or Firefox browsers )

I just checked mine, and it also takes me to ( full screen ) youtube.

https://www.qrz.com/db/WS9K

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here. Win7+Firefox 79.0