Anyone else using SEEED for project PCBs?

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by K3KIC, Oct 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. K3KIC

K3KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

I've started designing some of my own projects and have found Seeed Studio to be a low cost and relatively fast turn board house. Boards of 100mm sq or smaller run $4.90 for a set of ten. The shipping does run from $12 to $20 or so. I started with some filter boards and currently have a 35 W HF amplifier board that I'm waiting on. From submission of the Gerber files to receipt it has been running from 10 to 14 days. The have very good quality and would pass our quality standards here at work.

I am looking for other options so any suggestions are appreciated. (Seeed is a Chinese house.)

2. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

I have used them several times with no problems. 2 layer, green mask, silkscreen on both sides. I usually tag on an order for some other stuff from their store as well!

3. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, really?

I'm thinking something like that would be my next project.

4. K3KIC

It's a basic amp with just overcurrent protection on the transistor. A building block for a future idea. I should have another ready to go next week with some LNA designs and an RF attenuator.

I've got an antenna analyzer design ready to go but with some of the new options that came out recently I may not go any further.

W0VRA likes this.
  5. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB Subscriber QRZ Page

I have used JLCPCB and PCBway door to door in 7 days generally. I cannot complain about them or the quality of the boards.

K3KIC likes this.
  6. N6ALT

N6ALT Ham Member QRZ Page

I think JCL PCB is all the rage now.

Joel
    N6ALT

K3KIC likes this.
  7. KN4JRD

KN4JRD Ham Member QRZ Page

OSH Park is my preferred fab service, they take 12 days, but at 3 boards for $5 a square inch the price is good. They also allow people to share their designs. Quick and painless. For work I use Sunstone more cost, but faster and more options.

8. K3KIC

That is hard to beat. Think I'll give them a try on the next one.

VK4FFAB likes this.
  9. K3KIC

Well my amplifier board got hung up in customs during DHL transition with the latest round of tariffs. A phone call to DHL customer service got that resolved and the boards are due today.