Anyone else having LoTW problems?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI4WCQ, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

LOTW is a PITA... says theres a update from 2.2 i download and it says the file is on network drives. when i manual tell it. it says nope. no file found.. LOTW is is is .... yeah ...

like to be able to give the whatever for others they need on there. but darn they make it so hard ARRL needs to slow there roll..

K0UO likes this.
  2. KY5U

KY5U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

LOTW =

1. Lose Opportunity To Win
    2. Lubrication Of The Wastebasket.
    3. Log Of Tiny Whackers
    4. Losing On The Website
    5. Lost Out The Wormhole

3. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

My LoTW has been maintenance free for over 18 months. The only time I've had to do anything is when I re-installed it on a new PC

4. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

some are lucky i guess lol ..

5. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mine too. Sounds like his problem is more computer/files related than LOTW related.

WA4BCS likes this.
  6. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

yep. a crappy PC and/or outdated operating system, malware, etc. can make EVERYTHING run bad. I'd guess that those with LOTW problems have problems with their other apps too...

W4NNF likes this.
  7. KE4AZZ

KE4AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have recently started working the FM Satellites, and finally figured out LoTW... I've have entered all my (almost 600) Sat contacts one by one with the QSO Data in TQSL... the other day I exported ADIF from qrz and uploaded to LoTW... now all my Sat contacts say Cross Band and ARRL blaming QRZ.

8. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm aware of problems that more than one computer logger developers have had with LoTW also. Both cases were failure to update TSQL.....and neither was aware that an update was required. I can agree that I had no problem with LoTW during my first 12 months. When things changed it got real frustrating sorting out the problems. Yes updating was simple, however, knowing when updates are necessary is another thing!

If relying on a computer loggers gets to be a pain in the kester computer logging becomes unnecessary in my opinion. I'm not in this hobby to debug computer problems...another reason digital modes don't appeal to me!

9. VA3DXA

VA3DXA Ham Member QRZ Page

10. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I see a lot of people report issues with LoTW, maybe it is because I don't upload that often (just after the few contests I do each year) but I have never had any issues with it. I know in the earlier days they had scale issues but I believe they have worked most of those out.

I wonder if the OP ever worked out their issues with the fields in their log.