ad: MonitorSens-1

Anyone else having LoTW problems?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI4WCQ, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KI4WCQ

KI4WCQ Ham Member QRZ Page

My last two LoTW uploads appeared to happen as usual, but after two days they didn't appear in my account. Looking into Logbook Activity under "My Account", I see this (just a snippet of one upload):

2018-02-20 17:13:03 LOTW_QSO: Processing file: 20180220171220.28151
    2018-02-20 17:13:03 LOTW_QSO: User file: wa9fbc ADIFLOG.tq8
    2018-02-20 17:13:03 LOTW_QSO: Certificate found for KI4WCQ - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (291) 2018-02-20 17:13:03 LOTW_QSO: Error in record 2: US_COUNTY: Invalid value in field (Hardin) 2018-02-20 17:13:03 LOTW_QSO: Record 2 ignored due to errors
    2018-02-20 17:13:03 LOTW_QSO: Error in record 3: tCONTACT STATION_UID (1) doesn't match any tSTATION STATION_UID
    2018-02-20 17:13:03 LOTW_QSO: : 2018-02-20 15:08:00Z DF2RR 17M FT8
    2018-02-20 17:13:03 LOTW_QSO: Record 3 ignored due to errors

I think this is telling me that my county doesn't exist along with the station IDs not matching. I have the same errors on over 50 QSOs for the past two uploads.

4Z5UY likes this.
  2. NF1G

NF1G XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a problem at ARRL. They are aware of the issue (everyone, including me is having the same problem). They are working on a solution.

4Z5UY likes this.
  3. KG5RJ

KG5RJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same thing happened to me I sent them a trouble report. It errored out on the county. I wonder if there trying to make adjustments so that someday soon they can help with County Hunter awards through CQ and someone screwed up the code. I successfully downloaded files over the weekend, did nothing on Monday but then yesterday it bombed even though the underlying ADIF files were accepted by eQSL and QRZ.

K0UO likes this.
  4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

They were down this morning. DIdn’t have a chance to check in the afternoon.

Back up now.

K0UO likes this.
  5. KI4WCQ

I think you are mistaken. I just tried a test upload and get the same error as before. LoTW site is up, but something isn't working

K0UO likes this.
  6. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Didn't notice any errors on upload but when checking Your Activity (not My Account) is shows the trouble, namely "tCONTACT STATION_UID (1) doesn't match any tSTATION STATION_UID" and "Record nn ignored due to errors"

7. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Not since I ditched LoTW a year ago!

K0UO, W5TTW, KB8BMY and 2 others like this.
  8. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

That's the same message I received. When I deleted my county (parish, where I live), it worked. I've been on LoTW for a whole 2 days, so I'm still learning.

9. KI4WCQ

I'm disappointed it the notice posted on the LoTW home page about receiving the error, as the error wasn't given on upload...only found it if you investigated. The error notice could have been more clearly written about this glitch. I suspect many will think that their logs were uploaded during this two day period of problems.

10. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

I did an upload on Sunday after I shut down my ARRL DX CW op, probably won’t do another one until the end of the month. So I didn’t run into that issue, sorry.

Make sure you tell LotW Support about this. Don’t assume that they know, or that they read these forums...

No, scratch that. They do know, and there is a note on the ‘home’ page about it. They don’t say what crashed or what they did about it, but they do say to just reload the TQSL file.

Sorry about that, but things like this happen with databases. (Otherwise, I wouldn’t have a job!)