ad: ARR

Anyone else do "radio picnics"?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Jul 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA2UFP

KA2UFP Ham Member QRZ Page

... O MY...hey uuu....when not attacking POSTS...nothing else Better to DO...little short on $$$ so settle for the CHEAP way out...

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Didja forget the meds again?

Dave
    W7UUU

N2EY and N7ANN like this.
  3. W3MMM

W3MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

That got me to thinking...
    ... O MY...when not attacking POSTS...nothing else Better to DO...little short on $$$ so settle for the CHEAP way out...

4. W3MMM

W3MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

My daughter used to perform at horse shows - "hunter / jumper" I think was the type of shows. It would be an 8 hour day, with her rides lasting maybe 15 minutes of that 8 hours.

It was great to bring the radio and operate from the car. Worked a P2 station from my car, barefoot with a hamstick. Lots of fun and a good way to pass the time.

WD0BCT likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

while driving through the little town of Colfax, WA today I immediately thought of a TERRIFIC place for your next radio picnic!! :D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

Schmuck Park.JPG

WE4E, N2EY, WD0BCT and 2 others like this.
  6. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

This is Special Event Station W7S ... W7S. How do you copy Shmuck?

N7ANN and W7UUU like this.
  7. WA7KKP

WA7KKP Ham Member QRZ Page

When I was just a wee tyke back in to 50's and 60's, my OM W7YZQ would patronize the ham picnics in and around the greater Montana countryside. He had a '55 Crown Vickie what sucked gas; stopping at at least one or two gas stations was anecessary ritual. When he got bitten by the (VW) bug, it was a plastic wind-up key stuck on the back . . .

I have fond memories of W7OTJ's ranch up in Fishtail: potlucks at Chief Joseph Park in Harlowton, and even a couple trips to Forsyth.

Since just about eeryone was on 75 meters mobile, the affairs were primarily for the GI tract -- potluck being the norm. And eyball QSO's . . .

8. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

I always took my radio when go to picnics

VK2WP and K6CLS like this.
  9. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

the missus looks happy. +5 there.
    i like the cones. was thinking of getting a roll of bright green surveyors tape and tie strips to the ropes/wires/cables.

10. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, but usually on a contest weekend, and usually hot chicken courtesy of Golden Chick. ;)