Anyone else do "radio picnics"?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Jul 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KB9UWU

KB9UWU Ham Member QRZ Page

Field day has been popular for many years.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Sure - a lot of folks only do a radio picnic when the ARRL tells them to :rolleyes:

I prefer to do it my own way from time to time as well

Dave
    W7UUU

W4POT, KC8VWM, N5TWB and 1 other person like this.
  3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Work 'em Dano! :)

NL7W likes this.
  4. N5TWB

N5TWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My wife and I are going to do a 40th Anniversary weekend in our teardrop trailer RV on the Solar Eclipse totality path in MO and plan to operate as part of the special event discussed in QST this month. It will be like an extended picnic.

NL7W, KC8VWM and W7UUU like this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Sounds awesome on several levels!! :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and NL7W like this.
  6. NH6MA

NH6MA Subscriber QRZ Page

7. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

After my field day experience I rather enjoy getting out with my dog for a night or two of camping with a portable rig. I've been out twice since field day and hope to do a few more.
    My wife does not like camping or amateur radio....so she would not be joining me. She gets upset if I check my cell phone on a picnic and her idea of roughing it is a 3 star hotel.....we do have a similar wine and cheese back pack....it gets used quite a bit but.

VK6APZ and NL7W like this.
  8. KA2UFP

KA2UFP Ham Member QRZ Page

... O MY...when not attacking POSTS...nothing else Better to DO...little short on $$$ so settle for the CHEAP way out...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Whuut?

10. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am a little confused here...help me out. Without reference to the "attack" I have to agree with the follow up: