ad: vanity

Anyone Bought Used from HRO?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W5VTC, Aug 12, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually I had to hum a few bars then they faked it.

W5VTC likes this.
  2. KG7FIU

KG7FIU Ham Member QRZ Page

Bought my FT-950 used from the Phx HRO. Think it was a unit someone had put up on consignment. They let me try it out in-store, no problems. Included original boxing. If I had to buy a radio again, would probably go this route. Have gotten burned a couple times buying used on ebay.

W5VTC likes this.
  3. KK6ILV

KK6ILV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Everyone gets burned on E bay at one time or another, its a learning experience. Thank goodness for Pay Pal it has saved me a few times on bad purchases.

W5VTC likes this.
  4. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

You fly much?

5. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not in a while. Was gung-ho working on my IR but last flew in April. Bought the motorcycle and the weather got warm enough for that, and I ran into a bunch of unexpected expenses one after another and just let it slide. Figure to get back to in the fall, couple of months out. PM if you want to chat about it.

6. W5VTC

W5VTC Ham Member QRZ Page

The Kenwood TS-570D came in and it looks like brand new. It came with all the manuals to boot. HRO packaged it very well, with what looks like a whole roll of bubble wrap. I thought I would attach a picture, so you could see it. Of course my luck, Thunderstorms are moving in, so I can't test it with the dummy load. :( In the picture it looks like the case is bent in the middle, but it's just an optical illusion from my crappy photography.

Attached Files: