Anybody have problems with KM4UiP? I think I've been scammed!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KB2NYC, Jan 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KB2NYC

KB2NYC Ham Member QRZ Page

Since when did this become an opinion poll? I'm just telling my story and warning of my mistakes. Carry on with YOUR business.

KC0BIN likes this.
  2. KB2NYC

Truer words have never been spoken!

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you report those two gmail addresses to google?

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Not at all. Just don't be STUPID.

Dave
    W7UUU

NM7L, KA9MOT, KA2FIR and 2 others like this.
  5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

This forum protect you from PayPal, how? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  6. KB2NYC

If QRZ had a vetting process similar to Ebay where you have to present a valid credit card to join the Swapmeet and buy or sell, it would deter and identify possible scammers from participating. :confused:;):D:eek:o_O

7. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

There is no such thing as ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY in an UNCERTAIN WORLD.

The real question is: HOW UNCERTAIN CAN YOU AFFORD TO BE?

EBay and PayPal have "vetting" processes, not to protect the parties to transaction, but to protect themselves. Since both EBay and PayPal take a "cut" of each successful transaction, they can not claim to be "innocent parties" in that did not profit from a fraudulent transaction.

Newspapers, broadcasters, etc. can claim to be "innocent parties" in that their charges are fixed -- not tied to the success of a transaction.

Given the current levels of identity theft and forged or counterfeit identity documents, anybody "vetting" buyers or sellers could unwittingly expose themselves to charges of negligence should a "vetted" party commit fraud.

What is there to keep a "vetted" seller from successfully and honestly completing a large number of small-dollar transactions and then fraudulently executing a few "large dollar" trades.

THERE IS NO CERTAINTY WHEN YOU CROSS A STREET. YOU HOPE & PRAY THAT ONCOMING TRAFFIC STOPS OR AT LEAST AVOIDS YOU. WHY SHOULD ON LINE TRADING BE DIFFERENT FROM CROSSING A STREET?

KA2FIR and KB2NYC like this.
  8. KB2NYC

FINALLY AN INTELLEGENT RESPONCE TO A REAL PROBLEM! Very good sir!

9. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

10. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, "He" may not be in Tn, but, there is a repeater with that callsign in Morristown, TN.
    Just NE of Knoxville.