ad: elecraft

Anybody have an actual QSO yet?

Discussion in 'The Low Bands - 630/2200 Meters - VLF' started by K3RW, Feb 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W9XMT

W9XMT Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a kit that will allow me to transmit.. and a bc-453 as a receiver.. as does my friend in the next town over. I'm on a postage stamp lot with only a dipole to work with. At this point I'll be happy if I can work him a mile or two away :)

3. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

I shoulda jumped on 630m when I needed VT for WAS!!

de K3RW/7

4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Have one of the Monitor Sensors 630 meter transverters. It is working with a Ten TEC Jupiter and will be a dedicated set up for that purpose. Need to get some wire up in the air this fall and see how things go. Have copied a number of stations on my home brew 160 meter Carolina windom at 65 feet.

5. KB1YFD

KB1YFD Ham Member QRZ Page

Loaded my 160m dipole with a couple spools of hook-up wire, got a 1.5/1 match and was able to put 100 Watts into the system. One ham 4 miles away heard me on 479 LSB, another ham 70 miles away didn't hear me at all. I'll most likely try something better and give it another go. -JB

6. W0RW

W0RW Subscriber QRZ Page

7. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

137 kHz has been a tough nut for me - I've had one JT9 QSO with N1BUG using the TVTR2 barefoot (~20 mW EIRP) , and 2 other close calls with other stations to the south but that's it. Conditions have been less than ideal on both 2200 and 630 so patience is in order.

I'm just about ready to deploy a modified Hafler P3000 for ~400W on the variometer cold side - which as we know correlates to ~ 200mW EIRP. Also in the process of repositioning the antenna top hat to align westerly, and adding a few parallel hats - not sure if that will help but it may. Good luck to all "Lowfers"!

Jim, WQ2H

8. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

Does Monitor Sensors publish a price sheet somewhere? If it's on their web page, they've done a great job of hiding it.

9. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

10. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

For either transverter, I would contact Roger VK4YB directly: roger@monitorsensors.com

Make sure you get the latest version, or the Modkit, if you intend on using the slow JT9 modes (5, or 10). I did the mod and there has been literally zero drift ever since.

Jim WQ2H