Any`windows 10 users. mail setup and ham use

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N9CAV, Jul 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Don - Valid question, but really no need for the condescention.

I use Office 365 almost every day - I believe it's a great ROI. I don`t use the cloud personally, but it is available.

Jim, WQ2H

2. G3ZPF

G3ZPF Subscriber QRZ Page

Despite the assurances offered in that link, there is one line that says it all "...its going to get annoying. it already is annoying...". A good enough reason for me to steer clear of win10. When a company offers you a freebie, YOU are the product. Life is too short to endlessly find ways around their subterfuge. I've used most of my life already, so whats left is more precious :)

But, each to their own. I'm glad you're happy with win10. Most of the public don't even get a choice.

@KA9JLM "...Some of the new computers that come with Win 10 will not run Win 7..."

The latest generation of intel chips won't run win7. Maybe a deliberate thing. I managed to source a previous generation (sklyake) i7 for my new win7 PC build. Hit a slight snag because I chose to have an M2 drive for sys vol. Win7 can't "see" M2 drives until you install the drivers, but you can't install the drivers until you've installed win7. So I installed it to an SSD & then cloned the install onto my NVMe M2 drive. A minor inconvenience because transfer rates are insane.

3. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Well you could be right - but like I said I've been using Win10 since it's introduction, have upgraded all my devices, and have not had a single issue.

Aside that, it operates infinitely better then anything I've had since Win3.1. Opps - gave away my age there.....:rolleyes:

Jim, WQ2H

4. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You mean MS-DOS, right? ;)
    How about COBOL and FORTRAN and punch cards.
    Personally, I remember 4 each "AND" or 4 each "OR" gates with discrete components mounted to PCB's that plugged into large applicable card-cages (late 50's). The kicker is I'm only 52 (the equipment was in-service like forever)!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018