Any`windows 10 users. mail setup and ham use

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N9CAV, Jul 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
  1. N9CAV

N9CAV Ham Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just bought a new HP-pavilion to use for my TS-850S and other shack duty's. But having problems getting my mail to work, have tried all the steps. email address is loaded but will not SYNC ? I have tried in outlook and MSN, will send mail in outlook, with an outlook address, but will not receive any mail. Have looked on YouTube and tried there fix but same as I have done. Any suggestions on setup for mail before I load other ham related software. This is frustrating and somewhat embarrassing, 73

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

What else are you Synced to / with ?

3. N9CAV

What the standard default is. I did go to the appts section and disabled all but mail same thing. Did the recommended auto fix when the popup showed. Nothing. My email is comcast if that makes a difference. It appears I from searching I am not the only comcast with problems. Still learning my way around this system.

4. KD3WB

KD3WB Ham Member QRZ Page

5. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

If it's any help, I use T-bird on Win 10 with a verizon.net address, with no problem. You may have the wrong "numbers" in your configuration to work with Comcast.

KF5RRF, NK2U and N9CAV like this.
  6. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

+1 Tbird.
    call comcast.. you pay for the support. why not use it..

NK2U likes this.
  7. N9CAV

I get better support here, and do not have to be on hold. Pretty much worked out from the help I got.

KA9JLM and KB2WVO like this.
  8. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My assumption is you're trying to use Windows 10's built in email app. Don't do that. It is crap. It makes Outlook Express look wonderful in comparison. Either use a web-based mail reader, or any one of the better freeware (or inexpensive) email clients. Me? I'm on Gmail and just use the website on the PC. I do use my iPhone's email app with it. Windows 10 Mail app? No way. ;)

N9CAV likes this.
  9. N9CAV

I found that out set up a Gmail account, no problems. Works fine, Thanks.

W4NNF likes this.
  10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool that you have it working.

Your ISP just uses a different SSL port# than default, For security reasons.

Enjoy.

N9CAV likes this.