Any other Ten Tec Century 21 owners out there? What a FUN radio!!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Mar 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You going to be on tomorrow night?

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

No, sorry to say. I'm in a hotel the next two nights on business :( But I'll be back on the C21 on Thursday evening - would LOVE to get you in the log as either W7UUU or KN7NNN or BOTH!! :)

Dave
    W7UUU/KN7NNN

3. W3WN

Good! That gives me time to get the keyer working again!

(You do NOT want to try and copy my fist on a straight key. Trust me.)

W7UUU likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Let's give it a go Thursday evening!! Keyer is TOTALLY fine - I normally casually operate about 18 WPM but can go well above and well below

Dave
    W7UUU

5. W3WN

That should work, transport duty for the Boss not withstanding.

W7UUU likes this.
  6. W9ILF

W9ILF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Dave, Glad you found a good Century 21. I just picked a digital one up at a hamfest late last month. Amazingly it was just $25.00. The PTO was frozen in grease. I found the instructions to clean and re-grease the mechanism. It seems near perfect and it has put the fun back into the hobby for me! I’d love to SKED and exchange cards. I am waiting on my new QSL cards to arrive with my Century 21 on the front too!! Ivin W9ILF

Attached Files:

W3KW and W7UUU like this.
  7. W7UUU

Let's do it!! 40m from about 01:00 to about 03:00 UTC seems to work really well to where you are... let's pick a "less common" frequency like 7.110

Just let me know day/time and we'll do it!! :)

Dave
    W7UUU

8. W9ILF

W9ILF Ham Member QRZ Page

How is tonight 3/16/2020? I will be on 7.110 at 01:00 looking for you.

9. W7UUU

Later perhaps - I'm trying to finish a column for a newsletter that I'm on deadline, then wife wants to do dinner after that....

02:45 UTC ish?

Dave
    W7UUU

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  10. W3WN

Works for me, but it’ll be the Omni. Power supply failed on the external MFJ keyer for the Argosy.