ad: SDRKits-1

Any other motorcyclists here?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by WD4IGX, May 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AA6GA

AA6GA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I get on the air from my RV but not from my nine motorcycles which now are:

1971 Black BMW R75/5
    1984 Red Yamaha Venture
    2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE
    2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE
    2016 Orange/Black Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
    2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio
    2017 Orange/Black Zero DS ZF 6.5(electric battery-only bike for around town in Reno).
    2017 Red Zero SR ZF13.0 with Power Tank (for use around Auburn).
    2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU-Road Glide Ultra

I am the original owner of all of them, as I never sell motor vehicles, I just give them away when they are not worth fixing. All nine run fine.

73, -Don- AA6GA

KN4OK likes this.
  2. AB6RF

AB6RF Ham Member QRZ Page

That's a pretty nice garage!
    I too have a DR200 and Kawasaki 650. The Kawasaki is the Ninja model, but same platform as the 650 Versys.
    Both of those bikes are pretty much my wife's bikes, I ride a BMW R1200GS Adventure.

Can't say I never sell motor vehicles, I wish I could :)

3. KN4OK

KN4OK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here is my baby

Attached Files:

4. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is my baby

Attached Files:

5. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

And your bike looks nice too!!:)
    John, WB0MPB

US7IGN likes this.
  6. KE0HMS

KE0HMS Ham Member QRZ Page

i use a qrp rig its an X5105. small enough to fit in the saddle bag of my Vstar inside a model 1150 pelican case. with an EFHW 40m-10m antenna. or simple 40m or 20m dipole out of speaker wire. its a great 160m-6m 5w qrp rig

7. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

They made 2 stroke dirt bikes and they were fantastic.

WD0BCT likes this.
  8. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The very early (mid 60's) Japanese street bikes were also two stroke. It was the only way to get much torque from the small displacement engines first introduced. As displacement increased 4 stroke engines became common, however, dirt bikes dominated their smaller displacement classes (50/100/250cc) for quite some time. And some of the real screamer road bikes like the Yamaha RD400 were known for speed but maintained 2 stroke multi cylinder engines. Eventually the EPA pretty much killed the two stroke engine on motorcycles and cars. Saab had a two stroke car in the 60's. I recall an extreme cold snap in upstate NY when the only cars that started on campus were a VW beetle and a Saab two stroke. The only other car running on Campus was a Chevy taxi-cab. It was running full time and didn't get the chance to freeze up.

9. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a 1966 Yamaha 100cc Twin-Jet, a 2 stroke 2 cyl. road bike when I was a kid. Like this:

[​IMG]

WD0BCT likes this.
  10. K1IGS

K1IGS Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, great bike pictures here. I have several - a 2003 Kawi Concours with a radio semi-installed, and several older bikes too. Love the vintage stuff!