Any other motorcyclists here?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by WD4IGX, May 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

My last ride....what a nasty, hellish, beautiful, beast. I loved it.

image.jpeg

KU3X, M6NRC, KN4EQG and 3 others like this.
  2. K4YWZ

K4YWZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hot damn! Now we're talking! Nasty, hellish, brutish beast indeed! Guys who've never ridden a big-bore two-stroke just have no idea. Like going on a date with the devil's own daughter! Or petting that pet rattlesnake that sleeps in the corner!

I'm impressed, Charlie...

3. EA2XG

EA2XG Ham Member QRZ Page

At the moment I only communicate bluetooth with my traveling friends.

4. KA3TJI

KA3TJI Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's what the old V71a looks like on the bike. Control head is on a custom made slide mount that electrically connects when inserted. PTT under left grip. Coiled microphone/speakers cable plug into the bike via waterproof RJ45 jack. Antenna is a Larsen NMO-2/70B Black antenna mounted on homemade and sealed half wave grounding mast with "N" connector on bottom. Antenna/mast assembly is easily removed via three set screws and the LMR200 cable is safely stored on the female "N" connector after unscrewing protective cap. All connections are waterproof.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WW4LDO, KN4EQG, K7WFM and 1 other person like this.
  5. G6NLZ

G6NLZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I ride an outfit due to severe arthritis H-D XL1200 custom with sidecar which collectively have a lot of ironmongery which make a great ground plane. SO239 mounted between bike and sidecar with a 2m/70cm whip and my Beofang handie is great when camping at rallys. may try my FT891 & ATAS120a some time soon G6NLZ S-E England

WD4IGX likes this.
  6. N5ADV

N5ADV Ham Member QRZ Page

stuck.jpg

Yea I do mostly off road. I leave the radio back at camp. I sometimes get stuck in the mud!
    N5ADV - www.ADVChef.com

KU3X, VE3CGA, W5WTC and 3 others like this.
  7. KG5KOG

KG5KOG Ham Member QRZ Page

My kind of riding.
    I too am on advrider.

Have u ridden any of the BDRs yet ?
    Rode part of the COBDR and all of the NMBDR.

How about the TAT ?
    I was suppose to ride it this past June to Aug.
    Riding partner's cousin was killed the day we were to leave so trip canceled.

8. AE2DX

AE2DX Ham Member QRZ Page

I ride a 1998 Harley Electra Glide Classic I have a Yaesu FTM 10R 144/440 installed , the head is mounted on my left handle bar the main rig is mounted in my tour pack on the rear of the bike am using Comet 144/440 antenna mounted on saddle bag protection bar don't operate while riding but do monitor 146.520 when traveling or monitor local repeaters in the area. Also installed a Cobra CB radio WXST remote mount everything is operated from the mike itself both radios output is fed via a switch box I made to feed the output to the bikes radio CD audio input jack. both radios work well I ride a lot having just passed 323k miles on it with still the original engine. My plate has my call AE2DX ride safe keep you knees to the breeze. 73 Fred.

KN4EQG and WD4IGX like this.
  9. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

I have one but I don't get to ride much due to my health. I wish I could ride a lot. I love getting on a bike and just heading off with no destination in mind but to just pick a direction and head out. I have no ham or CB equipment on my bike. I have an MP3 player but I really need to sell the bike because the lack of use it gets. It is a 2009 and this picture shows the miles that are on it.
    DSC00950.JPG
    It is a beautiful bike. I just keep hoping I get well enough to ride it. I put 45 miles on it last year.
    DSC00929.JPG
    Anyone want to buy a really really good bike??

John, WB0MPB

KG5KOG and KC8VWM like this.
  10. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OK, nobody laugh, a lot of really nice bikes shown in this thread. Mine is a bit conservative, a Honda 350-Four. Kinda rare bike especially in original mint condition. I purchased it new in 1970 and it was only manufactured for 3 years before they went to the larger 550 4 cylinder version. It was produced because of the complaints of the very popular CB 350 2 cylinder having no power with 2 riders and to much vibration. It has about the same performance as the standard 350 but you would never notice the addition of a rider and it is smooth as silk, no vibrations at all.
    I live in the Pocono's and ride it a couple of times a week from spring to fall, the Pocono's are a great place to ride!
    Honda 350F.jpg Honda 350F.jpg

N5ADV, KN4EQG and K3SZ like this.