ad: ProAudio-1

Any other motorcyclists here?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by WD4IGX, May 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

My last ride....what a nasty, hellish, beautiful, beast. I loved it.

image.jpeg

K5PHW, K7WFM and K4YWZ like this.
  2. K4YWZ

K4YWZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hot damn! Now we're talking! Nasty, hellish, brutish beast indeed! Guys who've never ridden a big-bore two-stroke just have no idea. Like going on a date with the devil's own daughter! Or petting that pet rattlesnake that sleeps in the corner!

I'm impressed, Charlie...

3. EA2XG

EA2XG Ham Member QRZ Page

At the moment I only communicate bluetooth with my traveling friends.

4. KA3TJI

KA3TJI Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's what the old V71a looks like on the bike. Control head is on a custom made slide mount that electrically connects when inserted. PTT under left grip. Coiled microphone/speakers cable plug into the bike via waterproof RJ45 jack. Antenna is a Larsen NMO-2/70B Black antenna mounted on homemade and sealed half wave grounding mast with "N" connector on bottom. Antenna/mast assembly is easily removed via three set screws and the LMR200 cable is safely stored on the female "N" connector after unscrewing protective cap. All connections are waterproof.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

K7WFM and K4YWZ like this.
  5. G6NLZ

G6NLZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I ride an outfit due to severe arthritis H-D XL1200 custom with sidecar which collectively have a lot of ironmongery which make a great ground plane. SO239 mounted between bike and sidecar with a 2m/70cm whip and my Beofang handie is great when camping at rallys. may try my FT891 & ATAS120a some time soon G6NLZ S-E England

WD4IGX likes this.