ad: SDRKits-1

Any other motorcyclists here?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by WD4IGX, May 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I talked with him for a bit on one of our local repeaters when he came through while traveling. I was really working hard to get good on CW at the time. He was so far beyond what I could ever thought was possible. I wish I had worked him on CW.

2. KA3TJI

KA3TJI Ham Member QRZ Page

Now if you really want to see an amazing setup, HF to 432 on a motorcycle check this guy out. Unfortunately, he's not to active now, but trying to get things back together. Bob Curry, KC3VO is his call. Check out his bio on QRZ as he runs 1,500 watts on HF motorcycle mobile. If you're going to do it, do it big.

KC3VO

[​IMG]

US7IGN likes this.
  3. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

My understanding was he operated motorcycle mobile CW for many years.

4. K7WFM

Wow!

5. WL7H

WL7H Ham Member QRZ Page

Just getting my sidecar motorcycle set up. Ten foot pole in two pieces on the struts holds ham sticks for 40 & 20 the guy wires for elevated ground plane. All strictly portable, APRS while moving. APRS is on an ancient kenwood 2 meter and mobilinkd. Also onboard Icom 7100, kenwood tm281 2 meter, and a 40 channel cb. Will be adding tuner for wire antennas for 80m. Getting cabin fever during a pandemic ...

[​IMG]

2017 Honda Africa Twin. DMC enduro sidecar.

[​IMG]

US7IGN, K7WFM, K0UO and 1 other person like this.
  6. K1DHH

K1DHH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Warren,

I was wondering if you could add a picture of how you have the radio hooked up on your bike. I have a Kawasaki Vulcan 900LT and need some ideas.

73's
    David
    K1DHH

7. K7WFM

Hi Dave!

I never had a radio hooked up on the bike. I carry an HT in a saddlebag or top box most of the time. I cabled up a power connector for charging. Sorry I couldn't help.

Warren