Any Old Car Buffs

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by K8TUS, Feb 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC2TUX

KC2TUX Ham Member QRZ Page

1970 Chevy C10, Inline 6, three on the tree.
    Four wheel drum.

[​IMG]

K8TUS, VE3PP, W7EDC and 1 other person like this.
  2. K8TUS

K8TUS Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking to buy one just like this but in rough shape. Some thing to keep me busy in the shop. Nice old truck

3. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not that old, but kind of rare as there was not many made in 1999 in this color. Cobra SVT, currently has 75,400 klms on it.
    Putting it back on the road today after I put the summer tires and rims back on it. IMG_0155.JPG

K8TUS likes this.
  4. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

"Rare" is relative. In 1969, there were 1,442 Plymouth Barracuda convertibles produced. 83 were produced w/ 340 ci (and any other options). Mine was a showroom car, w/ all other available options:
    [​IMG]
    I bought mine from the original owner on 4/1/83. To date, including mine, I've seen four. One was a burned shell in a salvage yard (a coupla Canadians were eyeing it). Only 17 were produced w/ the 383 ci engine but, they weighed more and due to more restrictive exhaust, didn't make much more power than the 340. The 340 was rated 275 hp but, many believe reality was closer to 300 hp. :)

W7EDC and K2HAT like this.
  5. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice ride :)

I checked the build numbers for mine from 1999. In Electric Green exterior and Parchment interior and rag top there was only 208 Cobra convertibles built that year.

K2HAT likes this.
  6. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks. Being a unibody "ragged" top, only the rocker panels give strength in the middle, and they like to sag. A buddy did me a favor by tying the front and rear subframes together using rectangular tube. The chassis flexes A LOT less now. Otherwise, most other changes are bolt-ons such as electronic ignition, '70 Duster rallye wheels (w/ rears widened), larger mufflers w/ crossover, etc. :)

Mine is painted "Sunfire Yellow". I dunno how many '69 340-S convertibles were painted that color. :)

7. KK6ILV

KK6ILV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Super fun hobby, I grew up in Modesto California home town of George Lucas. We all enjoyed working on our vehicles and souping them up ( before smog laws) Had a great time. We have a Graffiti week here annually, seven days of various car shows of older hot rods, Muscle and street rods. In fact they filmed some of the American Graffiti here also. I ended up owning a repair shop for 19 years, I couldn't begin to tell you how many street rods I have worked on, its been lots of fun with good people