ad: NI4L-2

Any Old Car Buffs

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by K8TUS, Feb 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
  1. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I shudda known

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

2. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Wish it WAS my QTH ! Very near the sea, and lots of room for antennas !

All those buildings are part of Seaton Delaval Hall, a couple of miles from my house.

We have hundreds of buildings like that over here . . . it's where the Lord of the Manor would have lived ! This one is now owned by the local council, you pay about £5 to have a look round inside.

(people asked how I got permission to take the photos there . . . I just drove in the grounds when it was quiet, parked up and took them !)

Roger G3YRO

K2HAT likes this.
  3. K8TUS

K8TUS Ham Member QRZ Page

How do we go about starting one? Maybe on 40 meters.

4. K8TUS

K8TUS Ham Member QRZ Page

I used to own a small racing team. Old Goat Racing. We could call our net The Old Goats (young guys welcome)

W7EDC likes this.
  5. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I frequently chat to people about cars when in QSO . . .

It often starts because people I'm working see my Supra on my qrz.com page, and comment about it.

Roger G3YRO

K8TUS likes this.
  6. W7EDC

W7EDC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This cream puff rolled into the shop yesterday... IMG_20180305_121112164_HDR.jpg IMG_20180305_121137129_HDR.jpg

WA7PRC likes this.
  7. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

8. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

70 MGB was a nice one, a lot more climate friendly. Mine is really a TR3B as I converted it during restoration. The only difference being the "B" had a 2138 CC engine and a fully synchronized transmission versus non synchronized reverse and 1st gear in the 3A and a slightly smaller displacement as well as the "A" had SU carbs which were a pain to keep tuned and the "B" had Stromburgs which were great. It's actually the same engine and transmission as the TR4. They ran out of engines and transmission for the TR3A but had built plenty for the about to be introduced TR4 and since they had plenty of parts for TR3's and the TR4 was months away they introduced the TR3B with the TR4 engine and tranny until they could start shipping the TR4's.

I still have the TR3 but have also owned a Sunbeam Imp, TR4A-IRS, Austin Healy 100-6 and the AH-3000 (100-6 was the predecessor to the 3000 which was a GIANT improvement) a Triumph GT-6 a MG Midget and a 1960 vette as well as 2 Corvair Spiders.

Other notables was a Plymouth Belvedere with the Road Runner 440 engine and transmission (fastest car I ever owned) 1967 442 and a 1970 442 with the his and hers transmission and 455 engine (my first new car & I bought it fully loaded for $3,400).

Wish I still had all of them, they would be worth more then my 401K:p

W7EDC likes this.
  9. VE3CGA

VE3CGA Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish I still had this one.... no good for any radio, couldn't hear the stereo over the exhaust or hear the am/fm over the ignition (solid wires)
    and shook a lot plus hard suspension
    really screamed though.
    z28.png

W7EDC likes this.
  10. AI6KX

AI6KX Ham Member QRZ Page

Yah! When I first emigrated to the Promised Land in February 1962, my cousin picked me up at LAX in a TR3 and we sped off in the warm night. Since it was snowing at JFK when I left, I didn't mind the topless ride one tiny bit and since then have owned mainly ragtops: Jag XK120, Alfa Guilia Spider, Austin-Healey 3000 MkII, Porsche 911E (sunroof), and now the smallest and funnest of all, a 1994 Honda Beat.

Steve in Okinawa