Any Old Car Buffs

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by K8TUS, Feb 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K8TUS

K8TUS Ham Member QRZ Page

Been wondering if there are any old car/classic car/hot rod nets around.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Google Hot Rods, I am sure a lot of interesting things will pop up. :rolleyes:

Summit Racing may be a good place to start looking.

http://www.onallcylinders.com/

Have Fun.

3. W7EDC

W7EDC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would think the OP was asking about radio nets... not inter-nets:rolleyes:

K8TUS and KA9JLM like this.
  4. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Old cars or old buffs? Makes a difference.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

WA7PRC likes this.
  5. AC5RM

AC5RM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd like to hear of one too....Old rides are the number one diverter of my hobby cash from the radio hobby..

K9ASE likes this.
  6. AE7BT

AE7BT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

7. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't know of any nets but I am an enthusiast. Below is my 1960 TR3A fully restored.

TR3 IMG_0032.jpg

TR3A IMG_0033.jpg

Attached Files:

K3UJ, K9ASE, N4QWK and 1 other person like this.
  8. K1TGX

K1TGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Always wanted a 53 TD

9. W7EDC

I love nostalgia and unique cars of the past, though I am more in tune with the 'meat and potatoes' 4x4 and muscle cars. My first car was a 71 Ford Mach 1 fastback, when I was fourteen... built 302, headers directly to cherrybombs that ended right under the seats :cool:. I learned a lot with that car, I learned my dad knew how to remove a coil wire so I couldn't drive it, and I knew how to diagnose and fix it ( I was actually surprised to think my dad knew ANYTHING about cars).
    Fast foreword to my senior year, my folks bought me my first real 'driver'.. but it was a stick, I had never even attempted to drive a stick. My dad drove me to the guys place, they did some grownup paperwork stuff and my dad handed me the keys "Here you go, do you know how to get home from here", "well I do but..." my dad took off. I am glad I guess that it had horse power so that was a plus. I made it home. It was my very own '66 GTO that (unfortunately) had a 455 in it, but was a BEAST! I had that car for many years, and looking back regret getting rid of it... like so many other things.

One vehicle I have had since 1997 is my Early Bronco, most of her is '70.
    Other older cars, my XYL had her great uncles original '62 Dart.
    She has always been a Mopar girl... we just bought a 2018 scat pack.. cant beat a girl for wanting horsepower....

I will leave my rant at that LOL

10. W7EDC

Not an 'old car' by any means... But old school lines. Our new '18 scat pack. 500 hp is not much use in the snow as originally equipped :confused: IMG_20171223_090842010_HDR.jpg