Any NEW acquisitions recently?

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KE0ZU, Aug 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
  1. W9CYS

W9CYS Ham Member QRZ Page

I just picked up a bunch of gear from an elderly uncle. Tentec 509/450, R-4c, qty 2 of SPR-4, and other odds and ends - including some really old home-brew, Hammarlund HC-10 and a couple of BA speakers. Clearing the bench of other work to light up the stuff before I sell it and return some $$. He also has a 54' Hy-Gain collapsible tower I need to help him remove (west of Chicago). I wish I had room for it - I have a 30' Rohn 25.

2. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Show us the old home brew!

3. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

yesterday: heath w3m, wap2, fm3a hifi stuff
    the preamp enclosure is in rough shape and missing the heathkit emblem
    amp is missing tubes
    it will pair with an old altec bookshelf speaker that i've had for years

found with a CW outfitted tempo one

4. WD0GOF

WD0GOF Ham Member QRZ Page

Could not help myself. Spent an hour walking around a local hamfest and hadn't spent a dime. Then I saw a little HA-1 (Hallicrafters TO Keyer). It looked like it needed some TLC and a new home. It was really cheap, the guy said it did not work and didn't know why. Got it home and found the 0A2 and the 0B2 were reversed. Reversed them and it works like a champ. Almost,,, no sidetone,,, found the NE-2 had a broken lead. Think I'll strip, prime and repaint the case. Do you suppose anyone would think it was brand-new?;)

W7UUU likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Great find!!! I actually found one 5 years ago - truly "brand new in original box". I paid $25 at a ham fest. I was VERY tempted to put it on eBay and make a killing - but opted instead to get the pleasure of firing up a brand new HA-1 keyer that had never been used! Still have it - it rotates duties around my various boatanchor rigs, at the moment living with my DX-60b/HG-10b/HR-10b station lineup.

Dave
    W7UUU

TO Keyer.jpg

WD0GOF likes this.
  6. WD0GOF

WD0GOF Ham Member QRZ Page

My T.O. keyer will go on the SR-2000. (in the middle of the shack photo)
    Walt
    WD0GOF

W7UUU likes this.
  7. AB2YC

AB2YC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm a bit late but if you keep an eye out on ebay you can find
    people parting out HW-101 so you can get the correct knobs.
    Also someone's selling a new center piece for the main tuning knob.

My first HF rig was a HW-101, and last year I found a pristine one
    That had never been on the air so I bought it for nostalgia sake.

With some TLC you can make that a nice radio for yourself.

N3PZZ likes this.
  8. N3PZZ

N3PZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey thanks I appreciate it. I have found the correct knobs and I'm going to leave the handles on I don't know why they were put on the radio but I assume they're not a part of the original plan. And even as is, The radio does work very well. I will have someone check it out who's more familiar with tuning aligning and such but as it is I'm happy with this radio just a few paint chips around the edges on the front and that's all.
    And by the way, this is my first tube rig and I'm really excited to use it.
    Thanks again and 73 Dave n3pzz

9. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Like to try different methods for hauling wires up in the many trees on the property. This is my latest "toy" for that purpose and is working well, so far. In the process of stringing out at least 500 feet of wire in the trees for an antenna on the 630 meter band. The best way to describe the device is it's a giant slingshot on an 8 ft fiberglass pole. There is a triggering mechanism (second photo). This device is made for arborists to get lines up in a tree.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

KE4OH and KA0HCP like this.