Any logging software that uses MySql for the database?

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by WF9Q, Sep 4, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. WF9Q

WF9Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just downloaded N3FJP software and was totally impressed with it and was going to buy it UNTIL...( I might still buy it since it seems like the best) Chat bot on their site said the database is in MS Access. That does not work for me I need the actual database to be on our Ubuntu server so it can be accessed from anywhere, since its a LAMP, MySql is the format needed. Tried HRD conversion to MySql and it turned into disappointment. Also would prefer it to run on Ubuntu client for actual logging GUI.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  2. N7KDL

N7KDL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

CQRLog (a Linux logging software) uses Maria DB which is a drop in replacement for MY Sql.

3. WF9Q

Pretty sure I tried that one a while back, don't remember why but I removed it from the machine. Thank you for suggesting that one.

4. KY4GD

KY4GD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Can you use ODBC to connect Access to MySQL?

5. PU2OZT

PU2OZT Ham Member QRZ Page

Always had absolute pain with MySQL or its lame successor MariaDB. No issue whatsoever with SQLlite.
    Also, to say the true, a few years ago I switched clogged Ubuntu for utmost reliable and efficient Arch.

Oliver

6. WF9Q

Just went back to it in the Ubuntu store and was going to try it and was reading the comments, then my heart started to race...as it was installing again. It messed up MySql the first time and hopefully I removed it before running it again. I should have known better than to install something like that on my good machine, should have installed it on test platform....

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    PU2OZT likes this.
  7. WF9Q

Did not work in HRD, first issue was it does not work with 64 bit stuff and after installing 32 bit it showed up but did not work.

8. WF9Q

Never heard of Arch until you posted. I will look into that one.