any kenwood rumors on a new rig?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0WBA, Feb 7, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Not Ron Popeil?

2. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Ron may have retired.

3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Pocket Air Fryer! Catch that fish & cook it too! :p

KA0HCP likes this.
  4. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just set it....... and forget it!!! :D:D:D

[​IMG]

K2CD likes this.
  5. NK8I

NK8I Ham Member QRZ Page

Noticed the basic Kenwood 22.5A power supply....goes for $399.

But Kenwood, you do you. ;)

6. WA9SVD

THAT price (IMHO) is utterly ridiculous! The current rating is JUST enough (maximum) for a TS-790 (or similar) , with little or no "extra" for accessories! And more than twice the price of an Astron with the same capabilities. Then again, some people just HAVE to have a supply that matches their radio cosmetically; but many (if not most) of us have a supply hidden in a corner, not at the operating position.

K0DOM likes this.
  7. K0DOM

K0DOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

These manufacturers (Hi: Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu) are really losing a lot of sales here. If they were reasonably priced, a lot of people would buy the matching power supply just because. Instead, they price gouge and people go elsewhere. (Astron, Samlex, etc...)

UT7UX and PU2OZT like this.
  8. WF4S

WF4S Ham Member QRZ Page

In the HF base station market I am not certain what they could bring to the market that wouldn't be anything but a feature subset of the TS-890s. I think the TS -890 is the HF Base radio for the next 10 years from Kenwood. Maybe what Kenwood is working on is a TS-480 replacement.

9. WA9SVD

You are right. The Astron switcher is the equivalent of the "new" PS-60 Kenwood supply, also a switcher. I can't (for the life of me) see how they even have the NERVE to charge that much; they probably sub-contract with some other manufacturer of supplies, and just have a supply re-branded with their name. But charge an extra $200+for their NAME. Even an Astron linear supply has (slightly) better current capability (25 Amperes continuous, 35 Amperes peak) and is less than 1/2 the price.

10. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

You're right. However I'd prefer a linear (not a switcher) power supply. Yes, it's heavy. But it's noiseless.