Any /AGs or Young Hams Up for a Roundtable?

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by W3DUB, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W3DUB

W3DUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey not trying to exclude the OTs.. but I'm looking for some folks around my age and /AGs who would be interested in skedding a meetup on the air. Any interest?

Of course, the OTs are welcome too... they could provide some sage advice [​IMG]

Edit: Can't forget the /AE's too.. [​IMG]

2. N8XTH

N8XTH Ham Member QRZ Page

I would be interested. Keep me posted.

3. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I'm not an /AG or /AE but I am below 30.

Do I count?

4. KI4PRK

KI4PRK Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been an Extra licensee for almost 3 months now, but i'm 13 years old; I'd love to join you on the air for a net. Do you like DXing?

5. W3DUB

Sure.. anybody young is invited... I'm not saying YOU HAVE to be under 30.. but I think it would give a lot of younger hams a reason to get on the air. I'll be tuning around 20 and 40 today... anyone for a sked? [​IMG]

6. N3VH

N3VH Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like fun to me - I'll always be under 30 [​IMG]

Age is a matter of mind - if you don't mind, it doesn't matter! [​IMG]

Not sure if we'll be able to hear each other though; I'm in Marlton, NJ - just across the river. Signals may skip over us...

I can meet up with you on the VHF repeater you mention on your QRZ.com bio. I checked and it seems that I can reach it from where I live with my HT.

If you post the time and frequency on HF, I'll look for you as well.

Jacob
    N3VH

7. W3DUB

I'm kind of leaning towards 40.. i think that would give a better chance (during the day) of everybody hearing each other. Suggestions on time, etc? I'll start checking for a free freq so we don't interfere with any nets

I'm running barefoot here on a G5RV Mini.

8. N3VH

N3VH Ham Member QRZ Page

I am available 7 days a week:

12:00 - 14:30 and
    17:00 - 18:30 EST

It could be nice to get a weekly young people's net going (not necessarily restricted to any age group) but one that has discussions geared more towards the younger generations and amateur radio.

Jacob
    N3VH

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I tried that...we had 4 check-ins, 2 check-ins, then myself.

I allowed both young and older hams, just remember,
    you're only as old as you feel. [​IMG]

Best DX

10. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm available most of the day on the weekend, and on my morning and evening commute (6-7ish AM for about an hour, and 6-8ish PM for about an hour).

On the mornings I check in to the Trinidad and Tobago net on 14.220 so you can find me there too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.