ad: CQMM-1

Anti-Viral Net Approaches 1 Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K9NYO, Feb 25, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC3MIO

KC3MIO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Rob

The more I think about this, the "controversy" is really about differing assessments of the danger of the virus and how life is affected. If you believe that the virus is uniquely dangerous, you may be inclined to avoid contact with others, wear a mask and wait for a vaccination. If you believe that this is a virus that is dangerous for certain groups (older and health impaired), but not dangerous for other groups (especially those in good health or under 60) you go about your life and protect the vulnerable. You could debate which interpretation is more accurate, but once you take a position on this fundamental question, you follow a strategy for living with a virus present. I would note that we have had viral outbreaks in the past (IIRC '57-58 and '68-69) that killed 100k+ Americans and hardly anybody remembers them and there were hardly any changes in our way of living.

Rich

NJ6J and K2NCC like this.
  2. KN4ACJ

KN4ACJ Ham Member QRZ Page

For all of these people complaining about too many people talking about "the charade" and "living in fear" and every other thing you want to call those of us who are concerned about COVID, here's a hint: Use the big dial thingy on the front of your radio. It'll magically make all of that chatter go away! Or better yet, use the lit up button that says "power."

W4JLN, KA9I, K2NCC and 2 others like this.
  3. W3OY

W3OY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice... I'll have to check in tonight.

AA9JS likes this.
  4. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Wait a sec, radios have knobs and buttons? ;)

k2nccflex6700a.JPG

AA9JS likes this.
  5. KD9OTT

KD9OTT Ham Member QRZ Page

I usually check into the net about once a week. other then that, I usually listen to the educational info put out by other HAMS. Still a noob so it pays to listen. ha ha

K2NCC likes this.
  6. KC3MIO

KC3MIO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I did finally install Echolink and was able to connect to K9BAR, and listened for a couple of minutes, but I was unable to connect a Bluetooth headset. I have to go back and figure out how to get the headset working, and listen in some more.

7. KB6QXM

KB6QXM Ham Member QRZ Page

I instituted the same concept except that it a Covid stay at home rag chew on 80 meters. We meet at 8AM and 7PM Monday-Sunday. It is an old-fashioned rag chew . We have our regulars that attend from most of the western US. California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Utah and Idaho.

K9NYO likes this.