Antennas VS wives

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by US7IGN, Sep 8, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I kept myself out of the bar as I kept flunking the exam.

2. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

God knew that would happen:

"To the woman he said, Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.” Gen 3:16

Problem solved.

US7IGN likes this.
  3. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Kitchen Kirche Kinder

4. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

A few wives have a deranged hatred for anything radio. I've personally witnessed a couple of cases where when the OM died, I'd almost swear that the first thing the new widow did was to call someone to come clean out all his radio equipment, parts, handbooks, magazines, etc and haul it all to the dump. Once it was safely removed from the premises, then she called the undertaker to come take care of the body.

NG4F likes this.
  5. WB4IME

WB4IME Ham Member QRZ Page

Wives dislike Amateur Radio and antennas in particular because they are symbols of something adored by the husband ... removing his affection from her. Amateur Radio, in the wife's view, is a mistress of her husband. Something to be despised, ridiculed and demeaned in any manner possible and at every opportunity. If for no other reason ... Amateur Radio brings the husband joy, happiness and peace. These attributes can not be tolerated in a husband's life. He must never be happy ... must never enjoy something she has not given her approval of ... he must suffer and grovel as he begs for mercy and forgiveness.

Ahhh .... the joys of marriage.

6. PU2OZT

PU2OZT Ham Member QRZ Page

Had to hurry up, never know, in case her husband wasn't truly dead. When he awokes, with some memory losses «Your radio stuff? what do you mean, you've never been into that, well to the contrary, you always hated everything radio-related»

Oliver

7. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

So if I got you right your wife banned combo amp and said you to practice silently? Sure frets may buzz somewhat. :D

8. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Sexist and misogynistic.

9. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't cry.

US7IGN likes this.
  10. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

...for me Argentina...”

If you’re not into Madonna, there is the Guns and Roses song by that name.

Then there’s Melissa Manchester’s “Don’t Cry Out Loud”