Antennas VS wives

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by US7IGN, Sep 8, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

They should change the name of the streets where all the State capitols are located, and maybe some in D.C. also. Butt Hole is perfect.;)

KA4DPO, PU2OZT, 2E0CIT and 1 other person like this.
  2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Of course they should.

But if my wife somehow objected to my ham activities, equipment, antennas, towers or anything like that it would have been a pretty big problem.

Thankfully, never had such a problem.

W2AI likes this.
  3. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

I see it as a chicken and the egg problem. Which came first, the wife objecting to the antenna or the husband putting other interests ahead of his wife and family? I think if the woman feels she and the family are valued, she will support our hobbies. Quid pro quo.

I bet you never missed one of your kids sports games because of a dxpedition or unimportant excuses? Wife and kids feel valued, here have an antenna :)

4. W1GHD

W1GHD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds more like the rules to a successful divorce.

N3RYB, N0JRK and KC1NY like this.
  5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My virtue points are intact. And I have a decent antenna, a happy marriage AND I can copy CW!

US7IGN likes this.
  6. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Not .... My wife was born here, but I look like from K-PAX )

Hmm ... Why marry those who think so? Mine says - who makes money, he decides how to spend it. And it's just money.
    For example going to work is a far worse waste of time. Do you really think that what you get there is worth the priceless years of your life?

If we are talking about time, then in reality few people spend as much time with the radio as with their wife. We only sleep with them for a few hours every day!

You just need to make beautiful antennas. Well, how can one discuss what looks like? Everyone has the right not to look at something. If I don't like the president, I don't watch TV with him. It's simple.

P.S. One way or another, we discussed this with my wife and did not find any problems.

In our family, freedom and respect for the interests of others are of paramount importance.

When the children were still very young, we supported any of their undertakings. If you want to play the guitar, play it, even though it can be annoying after a few hours. In the family, no one should be suppressed in their interests and desires. On the other hand, freedom makes you control and take responsibility for your actions. This develops the ability to think and respect the interests of others as well.

Remember those cute differences in character and habits that you liked so much at the beginning of your relationship 20 years ago? Then the police will call it motive)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    N7VGO likes this.
  7. NG4F

NG4F Ham Member QRZ Page

my wife says i can have anything that keeps me out of the bar.

N7VGO and US7IGN like this.
  8. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

The main thing is that she does not find out that there is also a bar in the shack )

K5WY likes this.
  9. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Antennas don't snore. :D

AD7SK, N7VGO, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.
  10. G0JUR

G0JUR Ham Member QRZ Page

My other hobby is..well look left see the Les paul, my wife sometimes mutters about the g string. :p

PU2OZT and N7VGO like this.