Antennas VS wives

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by US7IGN, Sep 8, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Not a chance, OM. Not a chance.

2. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There are amateur HOA hawks?:eek:

3. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well I can tell you I played with my wife more then the antennas, but still had them...

4. WB1GCM

WB1GCM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am late to this thread.

Past girlfriends, years ago, were all introduced to AR, through my own enthusiasm. That enthusiasm was considered to be competition for their attention, as if I had another girlfriend. That just didn't work. Then, I met the love of my life. At least she tolerated it all. The difference was, I made sure she felt that she was number ONE in my life (she is, really). I never pressured her to be a ham and it was OK that she didn't want to be a ham. Four and a half years after our marriage, she surprised me, out of the blue, with her getting her Novice. Advanced, DXCC, WAS, etc., not long afterwards. Make sure the wife, partner, pets knows they are first. The rest comes easy when they see your enjoyment, on their terms. :) My wife never noticed antennas before marriage, so no opinion. She likes them now and calls them out on trips.

VK4HAT, WA4SIX, K0UO and 1 other person like this.
  5. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

You are welcome )

My wife thinks I'd rather spend time with the radio than with other women or drinking somewhere ...
    She is very wise ...

WB1GCM, KC1NY, K0UO and 2 others like this.
  6. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

left therapy.jpg

KC1NY likes this.
  7. AI5DH

AI5DH Ham Member QRZ Page

Realy not hard to understand: Men are from Mars, and Women are from Venus.

Wives think it is a silly waste of time and money. They wish you would pay as much attention to them as you do to the radio. They think the antennas is ugly and devalue the property.

The two golden rules to a successful marriage:

1. Wifey is always right.
    2. If Wifey makes a mistake, refer to rule 1.

You do not have to understand, just accept it. Men are from Mars, and Women are from Venus. :)

UT7UX likes this.
  8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My wife is way more curvy than my Venus, but the Venus is also attractive.
    [​IMG]

PU2OZT and W2AI like this.
  9. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the key to life. My wife, kids, grandkids all take precedence over ham radio.

W2AI and WZ7U like this.
  10. 2E0CIT

2E0CIT Ham Member QRZ Page

Living in a place called Bendover is mild compared to living at this UK address:

upload_2021-9-15_1-26-38.png
    PHOTO acknowledgement: Andy Leppard, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Sadly, the residents association has now changed the name of the road (but it was fun while it lasted)
    :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    KA4DPO, UT7UX and KP4SX like this.