ad: AlphaRF-1

Antennas VS wives

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by US7IGN, Sep 8, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WA4BRL

WA4BRL Ham Member QRZ Page

My wife helped me install a cubical quad antenna back in 1975.

1975_Quad_02.jpg

1975_Quad_04.jpg

1975_Quad_03.jpg

But then she is an equal in the shack. She's been licensed WB4YPD since 1977.
    1975 Adams Drive WB4YPD low.jpg

N0NC, N7VGO, US7IGN and 2 others like this.
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That ladder. That's frightening!

W4HMB, KN6FWT, VE2ZEB and 2 others like this.
  3. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not just the antenna. It's not just the hot rod in the garage. It's about time, money, and control of such things.

Some women view anything which allows the man an enjoyable escape from everyday life as a threat to that control. It's doubly unacceptable to them when the man's hobby has an influence on any income which she sees as hers.

The past 40 years of "equal rights" have been an exercise in control. Women want control over the money, control over sex, control over what the man can do, and when. They want control over "their bodies," and the man to have zero say in that. They want control of what happens to everything if a divorce takes place. They even want control over anything posted by strangers on the internet.

There are women who are not obsessed with controlling the lives of men. These are the good ones.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    K0UO and KC1NY like this.
  4. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok would you rather spend your sleeping time with your wife, or an Antenna... You Be the Judge...

5. KC1NY

KC1NY Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, if it comes to that... you married the wrong woman.:rolleyes:

N3RYB and US7IGN like this.
  6. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not really, it was a post to be a Funnie, my antennas here were when we were still married and she didn't care...

7. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

A relationship is not about anyone controlling anything. Man or Woman. The fact that woman are taking back control says a lot about the men who had all the control in the first place and are now upset they have lost it. Power dynamics are not how to live a happy life or have healthy relationships. Essentially the opposite of what you said is men want control over money, sex, womens bodies, and the man can do what he wants when he wants. Sounds a lot like how the Taliban treats women to me and there is not a woman in any modern society who wants to put up with that crap, nor be 1950's Betty home maker who does what she is told.

8. KC1NY

KC1NY Ham Member QRZ Page

My post was not aimed at you OM. Just a general comment. Didn't mean for it to be taken personally.

K8XG likes this.
  9. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

A man who wants to have an antenna is not a member of the Taliban, nor is he responsible for any past transgressions of other men.

Relationships are about balance and mutual respect.

Men have no need to apologize for such expectations.

VK6APZ likes this.
  10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah, it's easy to keep it going strong and healthy.

Our agreement (OM and XYL) is I'm in charge of everything above 20 feet and she is in charge of all the stuff below that.

Antennas, towers etc. don't bother her at all, as her eight bazillion plants, flowers, trees and such don't bother me at all. Even though some make me sneeze.

Achoo.

K4PIH, N3RYB, VK6APZ and 1 other person like this.