ad: TIDrad-1

Antennas VS wives

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by US7IGN, Sep 8, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm afraid this is the only way to get married at all. Now I am too lazy selfish, tired of life, to voluntarily agree to this zoo again ...

https://www.tiktok.com/@tomsrnb/video/7010454707630034182

WZ7U and KB1CKT like this.
  2. W4HAY

W4HAY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Neither of my two wives objected to radios or antennas. Both became hams shortly after marrage and looked forward toward Field Day, including camping out with the guys.
    Hint: A seductive female voice on 75 Meters can result in some big pileups, expecially in the wee small hours of the morning when many are tired, punchy, and possibly (probably?) well into a cooler of 807s.

You want something spouses can really get upset about? Try horses. Besides requiring a lot of care (and $$$), they can often become affectionate toward their owner. Luckily, my second wife had been involved with horses long before we married, and my horses immediately "adopted" her into the herd.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    W4HMB likes this.
  3. W4HMB

W4HMB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, I tried dating between ex and current. I was running ten miles a day, was in excellent physical condition, working in a physical environment and had a great paying job. And was happy. Except....I dated three women over two years and all three wanted to "hit the hay" on first date and offer a key to their front door. I, like you, wanted to "get to know them first" but, I guess, they seemed to be urgently shopping for a fulltime partner immediately. When I ask if we can just "take our time" they think I'm just wanting sex but nothing more and I didn't even want sex, at first, as I know that leads to a fulltime thing that really won't last, ultimately, from past experience(s).

It's really hard to find a like minded person today, IMO. Unless, I guess, you go to a lot of events that are related to your interests. But, after traveling around the world and the USofA during my working years I just want to sit at home now and be on the computer, rag chew on HF, go fishing or build and put up a new antenna when my feet and back aren't in too much pain. My wife, who never had the chance to travel much, would love to go places but I'm just not interested due to pain. We did go to Singapore, Australia, Japan and Hawaii on our honeymoon though. I think that was enough to last a long time. Now, I just finance trips for her and her friends because she is the "one" I wish I had found when we were young.. lol

2E0CIT and KB1CKT like this.
  4. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I waited till 41 years old to get married. Prior to that I never had a relationship longer than 3 months.
    She's the best thing that ever happened to me.

I feel sad for many of you with bad & negative experiences.

Ed

WZ7U, N1VAU, W4HMB and 1 other person like this.
  5. KM1NDY

KM1NDY Ham Member QRZ Page

I like antennas.

Signed,
    A Wife
    (of nearly 30 years to the exact same man who also likes antennas...but I liked them first.)

US7IGN, N7VGO, UT7UX and 3 others like this.
  6. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember seeing something like that year back. Good Stuff.

My inverted V has lower SWR than the wifeoid unit.

K4NWD and KA4DPO like this.
  7. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a very forgiving wife (and neighbors), given my ugly homebrew antennas. PVC Pipe, wire, fishing poles, and electrical tape. I'm an HOA nightmare.

US7IGN likes this.
  8. 2E0CIT

2E0CIT Ham Member QRZ Page

K8XG said
    'Ok would you rather spend your sleeping time with your wife, or an Antenna... You Be the Judge...'

If you choose the latter, never sleep with an Active Antenna.... darn things keep you awake all night.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    W4HMB likes this.