Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by US7IGN, Sep 8, 2021.
Antennas cost less than wives.
Quoted for truth
Why live with such women at all?
In fact, this speaks only of the primitiveness and stupidity of such a woman. But then I will repeat the question again - why live with such women at all?
Perhaps, but antennas can't make me delicious food and help raise kids with me. They could help keep me warm at night but I am not sure the RF exposure would be healthy
Is that a Gotham Quad?
Which brings to mind an old joke, that sadly, has a lot of truth in it...
Q: Why is divorce in the US so expensive?
A: Because it’s worth it!
it wasnt 2000 yeas ago.
Why an antenna is better than a wife.
1. You can have more than one antenna and ignore them all as long as they're working right.
2. Sometimes the cheapest antennas are the hottest performers.
3. If your antenna blows down in a storm, you can wait until the storm is over to deal with it.
4. The higher you hang your antenna, the quieter it will be.
5. You can mount multiple antennas in one day.
6. If an older ham gets a new antenna and can't get it up, you can do it for him and he'll be very happy.
the hobby and ALL aspects of it should be thoroughly discussed BEFORE marrying.
and a few other things, too.
btw, i've never married.
It is impossible to agree on everything. I probably got married too early - 24 years old. Then I was a dull shit. Before my wedding, there was no travel, motorcycle, radio and many other things in my life. When I decided to buy a motorcycle, she said that she would never even come to it, and now she plans trips and enjoys them. We even bought a house in terms of the advantages of radio. The fact is that my wife has always lived in apartments and was full of stereotypes that a house is expensive and difficult to maintain. And I wanted a big mast and a quiet place. As a result, she really liked the house. You just have to do something and do it together.