Antenna mounting with 2020 Subaru Forester

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio' started by N0XXX, Jan 5, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
  1. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

There's no need to contact customer service ... it's in the EyeSight manual. ;)

2. K0WLO

K0WLO Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a 2019 manual and the full size template is not in there. Glad they smartened up and put in 2020. They sent me a full scale PDF. 73

3. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

I didn't realize you were saying a Full Size template.

Don't know why you'd need one.

The manual we received with our 2019 CrossTrek has an illustration with indicated measurements that was sufficient.

We mounted our EZPass transponder in the passenger side upper corner.
    No issues.
    ;)

4. K0WLO

K0WLO Ham Member QRZ Page

The full size template matched the area right behind the rearview mirror. It is slightly offset to the driver side. Manual for ours says NO where else...73

5. W3GCW

W3GCW Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a very well-timed thread for me. I'm looking at mount options for my 2020 Ascent. I'm not like most folks because I'm willing to poke a hole if that's what's best. Been looking at the passenger rear area and the lip mount, "K400SNMO Trunk/Hatchback Mount" shown earlier seems to be a good option. I'm ok with the luggage mount too, like the "RS-660U". Maybe in the proper spirit of Amateur Radio, I should get them both plus three others; then not use any of them and, instead, bend a piece of sheet metal I found along the highway and use an existing bolt hole. :)

As for my EZPass, I just keep the thing in the wrapper in my glove box until I need it. I've never had a problem tossing it up on the dash before the appropriate toll plaza. It works just fine there. I'll probably continue with that plan now that I know there's a specific spot for it on the windshield. Besides, I don't know where to get any more of that non-velcro stuff. o_O

Cheers,
    -GC
    W3GCW

6. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

[QUOTE="W3GCW, post: 5534778, member: 135303"I don't know where to get any more of that non-velcro stuff. o_O

[/QUOTE]

Your local EZpass agency will send it to you -- free of charge. ;)

7. K4KLB

K4KLB Ham Member QRZ Page

Another option for difficult vehicles is the adhesive backed mount from Diamond. I've not used one but customers I have asked that have them say they work great. They are popular with minivans, hatchbacks and pickups owners. You can run the coax through a weather seal and stick the mount wherever it suits you.
    https://www.diamondantenna.net/hrks.html