ad: Schulman-1

Antenna Hitch mount

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by N6NED, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N6NED

N6NED Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a homebrew Mast mount that goes into a 2" reciever. It allows the user to pivot the mount horizontal for ease of assembly of antennas, flags, beams... It locks in the vertical position with a 1/2" spring loaded locking pin. I do have a paypal account, so pay pal is accepted. $100

128.jpg 126.jpg 005.jpg 003.jpg 004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
  2. KB5ZSM

KB5ZSM Ham Member QRZ Page

I think it's a neat idea. Would it be strong enough to hold a small screwdriver antenna (little tarheal)on a four foot mast while in motion? Are you going to make more of them? Very interested.

Thanx & 73's,
    Win

3. N6NED

Thanks for your interest! Yes, If its strong enought to hold an Antron 99 on a 20' mast, then a screw driver with a 4' mast should be good to go. The only thing I would do different is instead of useing a through bolt on the reciever , I would have the hitch actually bolt to the reciever to take up the little amount of slop to make it completely rigid for mobile use. As far as making more of them, of course. I just buz these togather here at my QTH for fun. If sombody like your self wants to make a few custom changes, Thats no prob. I make these in my spare time as people want them.
    Thanks!

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I operate mountaintop/VHF pretty often. Think this will support a rotator and small 6m beam, or mid-sized 2m beam, stuff like that? If so, I'll give one a shot.

5. N6NED

Sure, Idont see why not. What Ill start doing is what I mentioned above about threading the holes so that the mount is completley rigid and deletes all of the slop left in the reciever. It just adds one more thing to tighten rather than simply sliding the pin through the reciever. Ill post some pics of the threaded version soon.

*thank you QRZ for adding this section!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  6. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good idea on welding the hitch or threading it I have dealt with that kind of hitch for many years and know well the slop in them and movement.

Like your design. Hope this isn't deleted for comments to soon if so hope you see it before it goes.

Moderator Sorry

7. NS5Z

NS5Z Ham Member QRZ Page

This is exactly what I have been looking for, too cool.... How much does it weigh or how do you ship and what is cost to 71112.
    73 John NS5Z

8. KC2EQU

KC2EQU Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you make a 1 1/4 size hitch mount?? How much would it cost to have shipped to 14150?

Thanks,
    Justin

9. N6NED

So far Ive only been charged around $20 anywhere in the U.S. Ill find out the exact weight tomarrow so I can give accurate shipping estimates. As far as the smaller hitch size...Piece of cake. Just let me know when your ready to pull the trigger. It will take a couple of days to buzz togather. Money Order and PayPal accepted.

10. W6GQ

W6GQ Swap Meet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

This section has more relaxed discussion parameters than the rest of Swap Meet.

I do like the design of this mount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.