Another thief.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KB8SRX, Nov 29, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB8SRX

KB8SRX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is with sad feelings that I need to add someone else to this list.

AC2RW
    Prashant Karkare
    155 East 29th St Apt 26g
    New York, NY 10016
    USA

Who took my money for a yaesu speaker, and then told me it would be tomorrow before shipping, that turned into he needed the weekend and then Monday his excuse was his kid was in hospital and he needed more time, but now is ignoring all of my emails......

Uhhgg, it's not about the hundred dollars, but more the principle......

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wrong section sorry to say....

Should be posted here: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?forums/stolen-radios-scams-and-rip-offs.85/

Kinda harsh it's only been a few days though. Maybe his kid IS in the hospital.

Dave
    W7UUU

3. KO6WB

KO6WB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How did you pay? If you used PayPal then you may have recourse. Other methods, not so much.
    Any time I purchase something online, I use PayPal and I never us Friends and Family as a method.

Have fun
    Gary

4. KB8SRX

KB8SRX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I did use PayPal, but I used friends and family.....

And he is still ignoring my email

5. WB4IVF

WB4IVF Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    N6QIC likes this.
  6. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to say but you have lost your cash.

They are professional scammers and very good at what they do. The only answer is to not sell or buy anything online from any adds.

Always ignore any unsolicited email messages "DO NOT reply to them" replying to an unsolicited email message is only verifying to the scammers that they have you. They will keep trying until they get your cash, they have nothing to loose.

Good luck,

KI5OP and WB4IVF like this.
  7. KA2CDT

KA2CDT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

All the Warnings on here to never use friends and family and still the scammers win. He was not your friend and certainly not your family. Stop making it so easy for these scammers.

KC2YSO, N9LCD, AJ4GQ and 5 others like this.
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Using Friends and Family to avoid fees is not honest.

You get what you pay for.

N6QIC and WB4IVF like this.
  9. N5APL

N5APL Ham Member QRZ Page

Never use Friends and Family...Never !!! If you have to pay online use Paypal...

10. W8NIC

W8NIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing wrong with “friends and family “ so long as you are sending to a friend or family.
    I personally will no longer sell online, been scammed many times and as of late, two times in a row.
    Sad to say I will never trust any ham (stranger) because of past experiences. If it’s not local pick-up, it’s no sale, no deal.
    You’re all a bunch of crooks until proven otherwise.