Another Scammer on the Prowl - "Rhyan Brook"

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W0XX, May 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Had a simple Want out for a replacement knob and this stooge emails me: (Note: Asking me if my item is still for sale (which I am looking for - LOL).

IP is in Mass.

This was in response to QTH.COM

Name: Ryhan Brook
    Callsign: 929
    E-mail: rhnbrk9018@gmail.com
    IP Address: 104.238.37.177 -- (Check IP at https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/104.238.37.177)

The response is:

Good Day and how are you? Do you still have the item available for sale ? email me to rhnbrk9018@gmail.com. Thank you

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Doesn't fit a 'normal' scammer M.O.

Might not be a scam attempt, just a dummy unable to comprehend written language... but thanks for posting because it might be that 'foot in the door'.

3. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Could be, the fact asking me about something for sale, a bogus "callsign" etc....just best to be careful and cautious...

WR2E likes this.
  4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Your original assessment was spot on. The non-English speaker that responded to your ad did not understand it was a WTB. He is part of a courier scam group targeting sellers.

5. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, pretty obvious for most folks.

6. WA3LKN

WA3LKN Ham Member QRZ Page

Most ot the scam Nigerian e-mails I get begin with: "Good Day and how are you?"

7. KK6D

KK6D Ham Member QRZ Page

8. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad you caught it.

9. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Still at it, yet another: Confirms what KK6D posted:

Name: Johnson Williams
    Callsign: K5BCN
    E-mail: rkgham1908@gmail.com
    IP Address: 50.20.246.172 -- (Check IP at https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/50.20.246.172)

The response is:

Good Day and how are you? Do you still have the item available for sale ? email me to rkgham1908@gmail.com. Thank you

In case this form is being abused, the IP address of the person submitting this form is: 50.20.246.172

IP is in Florida (FWIW)

10. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

K5BCN uses the name Coy on the air, he's a regular on
    3.890 A.M.
    I'll try to contact him and advise him of this.