Another Rant! LOTW, I GIVE UP.

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by K2WH, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the instructions, and you are correct. I found this out just before reading your post, and successfully logged into LOTW. Yah! I didn't know or it isn't or wasn't clear to me that ARRL supplied the password in the email. I was using a password I used to sign my certificate. I think the confusion was that fact I read that ARRL doesn't know your password and cannot supply it if asked. So, I took that literally meaning they don't supply the password; so I didn't read to the very bottom of the email until just a short time ago and found the password.

Now, I have uploaded the file and nothing happened except the website says it is "Q'd" for processing. Wonder how long that takes since I tried to upload it twice and both times, it's Q'ed. I'll check later.

K2WH

2. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

The point is , that it can be much simpler and work just find .

3. WD5JOY

WD5JOY Ham Member QRZ Page

YOU MUTTERED: "Now, I have uploaded the file and nothing happened except the website says it is "Q'd" for processing. Wonder how long that takes since I tried to upload it twice and both times, it's Q'ed. I'll check later."

CLICK IT ONCE AND IT IS SET TO "UPLOAD" ...... CLICK IT AGAIN AND IT DOES "UPLOAD" ..... THEN SIT BACK AND FREAKING WAIT FOR THE ARRL LOTW RECORDS TO BE UPDATED! IT DOES NOT HAPPEN INSTANTANEOUSLY ...... you are NOT the only ham uploading info!

HEY! that's neat ...... now I see why you scream CAPS all the time ..... it's easier than THINKING and mashing another key!

You know - you are probably correct. I do not like LOTW either -- it is too "WE ARE THE ARRL AND WE SAY THIS AND THAT" for my tastes. HOWEVER......

...it should be obvious where the priority lies for YOU.

I wrote a lot more "between" the two lines shown above, but I deleted it becasue it would have fallen on deaf ears. You just want to bash LOTW .... you are not seeking a solution to your dilemma. Why bother? I won't.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.