Another Rant! LOTW, I GIVE UP.

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by K2WH, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WELL, I FINALLY GOT THAT TQSL THINGY, INSTALLED IT AND WORKED MY WAY THROUGH THE ADIF STUFF AND WHILE CONVERTING MY LOG TO ADIF FORMAT (I THINK), IT DUMPED A FEW HUNDRED ENTRIES BECAUSE OF "INVALID MODE".

WHAT IS THIS CRAP? THE INVALID MODES ARE SATELLITE, AND DIGITAL MODES LIKE OLIVIA AND PSK. MAYBE THE ENTRIES SHOULD BE LABELED AS "FM" THROUGH A SATELLITE OR OLIVIA SHOULD BE LABELED AS "DIGITAL". EITHER WAY I DON'T GIVE A DAMN. I'M NOT GOING TO GO THROUGH HUNDREDS OF ENTRIES AND MANUALLY CHANGE THING. LOTW CAN JUST GO TO HELL.

K2WH :mad:

2. K0SPN

K0SPN Ham Member QRZ Page

PSK isn't an invalid mode, I've submitted a number of PSK contacts.

Sounds like you logging program isn't exporting correctly, or you aren't giving it the proper commands.

Of course, I'm suspecting the latter as I remember your other recent rants about LoTW not working because you couldn't be bothered to follow the setup instructions properly.
    Not to be a dick, just pointing out my observations.

3. K2WH

I'm using Logic8. I can't believe the program is exporting incorrectly. I stand corrected about the PSK31 contacts, I meant the Olivia contacts. Logic8 only allows "OLIVI" which is not OLIVIA. I'll see if I can edit the log to change OLIVI to OLIVIA.

But, just my luck, the LOTW server is down as of this writing. I'm going to get a Xanax.

K2WH

4. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

LOTW has nothing to do with the ADIF conversion. That happens from your logging program.

The ADIF to TQSL conversion is another matter.

Gary

5. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Sounds like a Logic problem, not LoTW. Indeed, if you uploaded from Logic to LoTW, it *IS* a Logic problem!

6. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe you know an 11 - 17 year old to help you operate your computer software.

7. K2WH

Thanks for all the snide remarks but, I was able to get the log file ready for upload (the server is back up at ARRL), but now it wants a password and username! I entered both but now it says they are not valid???? Is there a different user name and password for LOTW other than my ARRL username and password for the website?

K2WH

8. K2WH

Never got the chance. The server at ARRL was down. Read my previous post for my latest problem.

K2WH

9. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be the user ID and password you used while running the TQSL 'Thingy".

10. K7MH

K7MH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

From the ARRL;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.