Another box of junk - I'm done

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W7UUU, Dec 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

I've made a few complex shafts recently. The little lathe has come in handy.
    s-l400.jpg
    Let me know if parts from scratch are in order ;-)

N2EY, K1JFJ, W1BR and 1 other person like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Awesome! Thanks so much - I'll let you know once I dig into it to see what all is trashed.

Very kind of you to offer

Dave
    W7UUU

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Paypal adjustment of $40 as requested came through no problem.

Now to find the time to put it on the bench for repairs, and dig into what it's going to take to get the VFO shaft working properly.

But not this week. That was the whole point of buying one that was sold as "working" - so it could just go on the air. I'm not in a good space for "restoring junk radios" at the moment, as my shop is still far from fully functional after the "big move" last year.

At least Paypal came through though. That's good and takes a little of the sting out of a bad deal

Dave
    W7UUU

N1VAU likes this.
  4. KD6VXI

KD6VXI Ham Member QRZ Page

Since you paid via PayPal, and the ad stated it would be packed to arrive safely, file a claim!

Get your money back.

Trust me, I've had to have PayPal go after people here that screwed me, and they are ruthless.

File a claim. It was supposed to be safely packed and arrive at your place working. It didn't. That. In and of itself, means you need your money back and that gug needs to learn how to not charge someone for s OK mething he doesn't know how to do.

--Shane
    KD6VXI

N8AFT likes this.
  5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

When collecting boatanchors it can get very frustrating when you come across individuals who do not have a clue about packing any ham gear old or new.

Fortunately, it's not happened often but every now and then you get a rig that is wrapped in a couple of sheets of newspaper and stuffed into a thin used cardboard box you can guess how it arrived. Have been able to resolve most issues with a total or partial refund. It goes beyond packing skills and get's into the "I really don't give a (your choice or word(s). "