ad: CQMM-1

Anonymous Postings Draw Negative Consensus

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AG4PM

AG4PM QRZ Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KC2JNP @ June 01 2002,19<!--emo&[​IMG])</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Back in the days of 2400/14.4 baud modems and BBS's... There were simmilar methods to whats used now at QRZ. Instead of e-mail. A new user on a BBS might of had to supply information that could be checked. Such as a phone number. Other than this. One could impliment a "SASE" format. Where a new user could send a self addressed stamped envelope and snail mail there verification of who they are.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Which explains a lot about the recent success of BBS's

2. KC9BCY

KC9BCY Ham Member QRZ Page

if it's deathly thwarting the future survival of the site, i can understand paid subscriptions... i mean fred is right...  i tried to run a dialup bbs, for a couple months before the hardware got something spilled on it and crashed, so i got a limited experiance in the processes involved, and it's really the ONLY way on the internet to reasonably identify them is by their number, that can, in case of fraud, be billed for dammages, thus, Honest People!  yeah, people can move, change their address, use a fake address and credit card too... but, who'd wanna risk what that could bring, just to post some oblique statement here... i've not been palgued by any un-kosher posts, since i've been here... probably because they are mostly mine, but still... i believe

That the internet should remain .... "As Free as possible"  

screw Nay sayers, and in fact, give them a chance to speak up... theres no reason their oppinion doesn't matter as much as any of ours... however, they may not know how to express themselves in a way the ham community understands... so ask em, promt them for more, find out what's really burning their soul... or whatever they may or maynot have, i find, once outkasts are accepted into a community, they tend to contribute, rather than try to destroy it!   i was an outkast once... on the Citizens band, then i wasn't, now everybody around here is... cause i suppose they had it comming!  that's just a loose knit community of a couple of ''buddys'' that think they can screw eachother and still talk to 'em every day on the radio... WRONG

leave the riff raff to GOD, vengence is his!  if it's not bothering me, it's probably not bothering 100,000 of the other subscribers... but that's not to say, we're the kind of people this site is for either... so simply, i guess, what i'm trying to say,is, i don't subscribe to internet, or on-line services, so, if you'd like to chance losing my humble oppinion, in the mix, then by all means, find something to knit pick about... but, i'd like to see, some of the annonymous posts, perhaps they've been removed or something before i get here, so i don't know what the program is... i'd even offer, with the time i have on my hands to remove all the anonymous posts that aren't "kosher" with everybodys beliefs... perhaps i'll go back and read the QRZ mission statement... anywho
    that's all i have to ad...

Hope that clears things up...
    lattah!
    -

3. K0WVM

K0WVM Ham Member QRZ Page

I would have to agree with KG8XG.

This is just another one of those sites that is posing the (seeminly unimposing but IS imposing) question of what to do in this case. To me it's nothing more than "covertly" finding out if they should make this a pay site.

This will equal my non-return to site the moment it starts, if I have to pay for its use via membership.

4. KI5IO

KI5IO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Fred,

Your site is fantastic and provides a great service.  All the work that you do to make it happen is extraordinary.  Most folks don't fully understand what all it takes to make such happen as seamlessly as it does.

It is unfortunate that people in today's society can't simply be nice and respect one another with good ethics and standards.

My Dad and Mom taught me to be respectful of everyone and work within ethical standards.  I have lived my life with such an attitude ... unfortunately many in the world do not.

A lot of people are like many of today's youngsters who have no ethics, demand that everything be given to them, have expectations that the world owes them without them having to have any skin in the game.  The "me, me, me" syndrome.

Hang in there and please keep up the good work.  If it comes to the qrz.com site needing $ to help minimize the problem-children I will be more than glad to participate.

Cheers,

KI5IO
    Nolan K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.